Advice about Vonage?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wiggy4ever, Dec 22, 2005.

1. wiggy4ever macrumors member

I am thinking about switching to vonage. I am sure some of you people out there use it, or have used it. Anyone have any opinions about the service that they wish to share?
    Thnx

2. vniow macrumors G4

I've had it for a couple months and overall I'm pretty satisfied, at first it was a little rough since they had some shipping problems with my adapter (took about a month to get here) but when it came it worked well. The only other problem I've had with it is that the quality got fuzzy one day but a quick call to customer service fixed that.

Their customer service is pretty helpful if you have any problems so overall I'd say I was pretty satisfied.

3. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I tried Vonage. It was horrid. I don't think I had a complete call the entire time I had it.

4. wiggy4ever thread starter macrumors member

do you know why you were getting dropped calls?

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Usually its the users network/ISP/router that causes it to be that bad. I have had Vonage for going on 3 years now and have had very few issues. I think its a great deal for the price, and the quality has been spectacular.

It has had issues, but few and far between.

Ed

6. wiggy4ever thread starter macrumors member

great, i have decent internet service, so i may have to give it a try, thnx!

7. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

We never did figure it out. Vonage wanted me to run a continuous ping to some place, but my isp doesn't allow pinging.

8. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

It works great for us... We had problems with ringing being interrupted at one point... Vonage adjusted the ringing frequency and fixed the problem.

The only complaint i've heard was from someone who has a crappy broadband service. If you have problems with your broadband service to begin with, Vonage isn't going to work correctly. It's not Vonage's fault!

9. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I have had only -one- problem with my cable internet the entire time I have had it. That was when the cable was broken due to weather. As for the speed of my Internet, at the time, it was over 2.0 MBPS, 99% of the time. Vonage told me their phone needed only (if I remember correctly) 32kbps to function. I think it was some kind of funky packet issue. Ah, well.

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i have comcast for my cable TV, internet and phone. it's been pretty nice so far. i don't know about vonage specifically but the internet phone technology is catching on... i don't have any complaints.

11. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I know several people who use vonage and swear by it. But then again, they all have Comcast or Charter for their Internet. I use Millenium Digital for mine.

12. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I have Vonage and I love it. No problems in the year I have had it. If you decide to sign up, I could refer you (so I could get a free month). :) Send me a pm if you're interested.

13. wiggy4ever thread starter macrumors member

when my family decides what they are doing, ill let u know

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

vonage is an excellent service. i use it all the time....from start to finish and i had it for two years now.

Bless

15. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Vonage werks 4 me :)

cheap
    reliable
    notta problemo !