Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Someone suggested mine craft could be a java problem. Don't have any other games that I knew the FPS I was getting so...

ncraadk

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2013
Well, on my late 2011 MBP (15" w/ Radeon 6770) I now get ~60 fps opposed to ~160 in Starcraft 2, with everything on low. So definitely a negative impact on fps since upgrading to Mavericks.

Does anybody have the same experience after having done a clean install ?

Surfheart

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
I too and seeing major game performance issues on both of my Macs.

I have a mid 2010 Macbook pro (GT330M) and a Mac Pro with a 7950 and on both game performance has taken a big drop.

Diablo3 on both machines runs like molasses on settings that under ML were smooth and playable. Now diablo 3 hitches and stutters like crazy.

Another thing I'm noticing is that the OS cursor icons appear a lot when playing fullscreen games, for example in half life 2 the beach ball cursor will randomly appear while I'm playing. This occurs on both machines so I don't think it's a issue specific to my setup.

I love everything else about Mavericks so this is very disappointing.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Oddly I saw what I felt was increased performance in TF2 when I tried it on Mavericks, though admittedly I had not played in a while and was just making sure the game worked.

Deth

Cancelled
Jun 14, 2014
I've been researching on 10.9 a lot lately, and saw this threat...
Did this issue was solved on 10.9.2? or the application and games need to be updated by their own developers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.