Age of Empires 3 - How to Play Custom Scenarios

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Lukeksk, Nov 29, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I have Age of Empires 3 on Mac (by MacSoft) and on Windows (the original). I have no problems importing the Custom Scenarios developed by others readily found on Age of Empires 3 Heaven website. Some of these custom scenarios are really good.

However, I am not sure if I could do the same on the Mac by importing these Custom Scenarios to play on MacSoft's Age of Empires 3. Has anyone tried copying the Age of Empires 3 Heaven Custom Scenarios and play them on the Mac? What are the steps to do so?

Many thanks.

2. macrumors 68020

Beric

I've done it numerous times. Let me check in my AoE3 folder real quick and I'll get back to you.

BTW, have you tried out the Draugur custom AI? It's a little more complicated to install on a Mac, but I can tell you how. And it makes a big difference.

EDIT: Yeah, I believe it's real simple. Just put it in [user name]/documents/age of empires III/scenario. Got a specific scenario you're trying to install and can't? I've got TAD as well, and can try out any one you like on my machine.

3. macrumors newbie

Age of Empires 3 - How to Play Custom Scenarios

Hi Beric, or anyone,

I have been messing around with the custom downloads for AoE3 and I have figured out how to do the custom maps. There a lot of fun, especially the big ones. Sadly the AI is woefully stupid when it comes to the navey. I know the that the Draugur AI helps a lot with this, but I've been unable to figure out how to make it work on my mac. Any tips would be very helpful. I also couldn't make the custum scenarios show up in AoE3.

Thanks in advance

4. macrumors newbie

How do you install the Draugur Custom AI on mac? Also, I have tried to install some custom maps (the no rush maps from aoefiles.com) and have not been able to get them to work. I unzipped them and coppied them into the random map script folder and changed the file type to .txt like the pre-loaded RMSs, but it didn't work in-game.

5. macrumors newbie

still got questions.

So I am trying to figure this all out and I dont know if I am doing anything wrong. Sorry I am kinda slow. I am trying to install custom scenarios similar to what the first guy said. I download a scenario from aoe3 heaven and then put the file in the folder listed. I still can't access it when I start the game. What am I messing up?