Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baked

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
So I ordered the 60GB version of the videoshield from agent18 on 11/28, just go it today. 1st thing I noticed is there's no protection for the bottom of the iPod. Tthe bottom for the iPod is parellel with the bottom of the videoshield. The stock photo you see on agent18 doesn't match the actual product. I think they used photo for the bottom part of the nano shield for the videoshield. I have the martin field overlay plus on the 5G in addition to the videoshield, so it makes a very snug fit. I never realized how heavy the 5G 60GB is. The videoshield has a matte finish front and back, but the sides are clear. The screen portion is very clear, but since I have 2 layers of protection over it, it's a bit dim when you watch video. But it's probably due to the MF Overlay. In any case, something to consider when you install. The videoshield screen is easily scratched. I just ran my finger over the screen a few times and all sorts of lines came up. *doh* The videoshield comes with a screen protector sheet over the screen portion, so I cut that piece to size and used that to protect the exposed portion of the iPod on the bottom. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied w/ the product. I can take it anywhere w/ me now without fear of scratched the surface up and I don't have to hide it in my Sony minidisc pouch anymore. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 7.8.

Pics to come when I get home tonight.

Battousai

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2005
After reading your length paragraph about having to order two products and then having to cut and paste together a solution to cover the bottom, I'm so glad I got an invisibleshield.

Invisibleshield has got to be the best thing I've ever bought for Julia (my iPod).

Baked

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Battousai said:
Invisibleshield has got to be the best thing I've ever bought for Julia (my iPod).

You named your iPod... ok....:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.