Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
People arguing over something subjective as design to prove which one is better? So...is the color red better than the color blue?

ddkkpp

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2011
They need to break the staleness and predicability of only releasing a new exterior design every other year. When I saw the 6's design, I knew it would be at least two years before I would consider a new iPhone. Some people obviously like it, but for me the only way it looks good is if you put a case over it.

The last quality looking design (antenna issues aside) was the 4. Since then, iPhone looks like it's being engineered to look as "flat" and cheap as possible. The 7 will probably remove the rubber lines and simply be a single milled block of al-you-minium, completing the transformation to become as minimalist as possible.

I second this - when i first saw the iPhone 6, the first thing that popped into my head was that it was designed to fit into a case. the rubber lines, the protruding camera - these would become non-issues if the phone was fitted into a case - the never-ending pursuit of thin-ness also fits into the theory.

I can't say that these russian designs are ugly, though - I sort of like a bit of bling on my person - as long as most of your fashion sense is not as gaudy as your phone, having a little touch of it is nice. (i.e. shoes, hat, phone, glasses, watch...)

Reactions: Edgar Spayce

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
I'm fortunate enough to be a boring, practical, form-follows-function kind of guy. My space grey iPhone 6 tucked into it's dark grey plastic OEM Apple looks perfect to me. Yes the phone is too thin but the case makes it just right to hold. No artist could make my iPhone 6 look better to me. Like I said, it's just perfect the way it is.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
THEN with the 5S, as many other things, design went to **** at Apple with these brand of ugly color set: silver which is not great nor clear, space gray is crappy and is not black and golden is for Paris Hilton like couch potatoes, and all these shiny linings around the home button and bezel.

Well that is, like, your opinion man.

The Chinese are absolutely in love with the gold option, as tacky as it may seem to you. The 4/4S was also widely regarded as years ahead of the competition in terms of design that blends luxury and utility in smartphones.

Stop being such a hipster.

Reactions: ilovemyibook

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Well that is, like, your opinion man.

The Chinese are absolutely in love with the gold option, as tacky as it may seem to you. The 4/4S was also widely regarded as years ahead of the competition in terms of design that blends luxury and utility in smartphones.

Stop being such a hipster.

I agree with you on the 4/4s, but them on the gold. That gold is fuuuuugly. The rose gold is even worse. (I know it's not on iPhones)

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
"We do know industrial espionnage is bad, but our company relies on it for making money, so it's ok."

Is the same, selfish BS as:

"I know driving through a red traffic light is stupid and brings me AND others in danger - possible dead, but it saves me a couple seconds from arriving home, so it's ok."

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
"We do know industrial espionnage is bad, but our company relies on it for making money, so it's ok."

Is the same, selfish BS as:

"I know driving through a red traffic light is stupid and brings me AND others in danger - possible dead, but it saves me a couple seconds from arriving home, so it's ok."
Industrial espionage can result in death, injuries, and physical property destruction?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
One way to **** up our asses is 1gb of ram. But i believe this 6s has 2gb of ram.

jephrey

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2005
6 and 6+ were made to be put in a case. A protruding camera is otherwise idiotic. I expect that apple determined that more than 50% of users use a case (I'm guessing here) and that prompted the acceptance of a protruding camera. With the apple leather case, I think my phone looks better than any other phone I've owned and any other phone out there, but that's just like my opinion, man.

Although I don't support the access to parts to Feld & Volk and question their tactics of gaining parts before release, what they're doing is pretty cool (in spite of me thinking the actual designs are ugly). The concept of trying other materials, shapes, and colors to customize a 3-color option product, I find no fault in.

*My opinions have nothing to do with the "Boulin Wall" being the Blackhawks goalie a few years ago.

*GO HAWKS!

Reactions: Mr Fusion

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I think what this company does is amazing, especially how quickly they can come to market with their designs. Having said that, it seems almost crazy to spend that kind of money to customize a phone that I upgrade every year. Even if I upgraded every two years it seems too much. Then again, I don't have money to burn as some folks in this world do, so in their world maybe it's not crazy.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
You're crazy. Most people liked the 4/4s the most.

I like my 6 and I always use a case so I don't mind the camera bump. I dunno. Some people are way too much into looks. Like obsessive. There's so many other things in life to enjoy than waste time over a camera bump. Enjoy the world. Go outside. Live it up before it ends with you regretting discussing the past 6 months about a camera bump.

xqz5199

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
iPhone 6s is quite appealing than the preceding iPhones. I really hope the rumor turns out to be true because I am obsessed with Apple’s Smartphones. The specifications outlined wouldn’t surprise me at all, I really expect the same and it is an improvement of the preceding ones.

xqz5199

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
iPhone 6s is quite appealing than the preceding iPhones. I really hope the rumor turns out to be true because I am obsessed with Apple’s Smartphones. The specifications outlined wouldn’t surprise me at all, I really expect the same and it is an improvement of the preceding ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.