Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmg24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
Hi.

Just received my MacBook Pro (M1, 2021) but when I airdrop something from my iPhone or iPad to Mac it is so slow, it takes up to 40 seconds to start sending files and transfer is not as fast as my previous Mac, however that doesn’t happen when I airdrop from Mac to other devices.

I contacted Apple and I’ve tried everything, reinstalled macOS, even erase my Mac, problem seems to be when I enter my Apple ID in my Mac, I created new users and it worked at first but then, after a while, it stopped working again, however non of my other devices have this issue. Only happens with my Mac.

Could it be a software thing or is my unit defective?

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
It’s a bit unclear what you mean by, ”I enter my Apple ID in my Mac, I created new users and it worked at first but then, after a while, it stopped working again”.

Do you mean that you created a new Apple ID for the new Mac or do you mean you created a new user profile on the Mac?

Maybe a couple of other things to consider are, did you set up the Mac as a new Mac or did you migrate from another machine? Also, what software have you installed? Anything that could be impacting Bluetooth connectivity?

rmg24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2018
It’s a bit unclear what you mean by, ”I enter my Apple ID in my Mac, I created new users and it worked at first but then, after a while, it stopped working again”.

Do you mean that you created a new Apple ID for the new Mac or do you mean you created a new user profile on the Mac?

Maybe a couple of other things to consider are, did you set up the Mac as a new Mac or did you migrate from another machine? Also, what software have you installed? Anything that could be impacting Bluetooth connectivity?
I created a new user profile on the Mac as Apple told me to, and it worked at first but then it stopped again.

I set it up as new, no software but zoom, my Magic Mouse and AirPods Pro work perfectly, problem is just AirDrop taking so much time to receive files from other devices.

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I believe that Airdrop depends on both Bluetooth and WiFi, so you might consider resetting both services to see if that does anything.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hi.

Just received my MacBook Pro (M1, 2021) but when I airdrop something from my iPhone or iPad to Mac it is so slow, it takes up to 40 seconds to start sending files and transfer is not as fast as my previous Mac, however that doesn’t happen when I airdrop from Mac to other devices.

I contacted Apple and I’ve tried everything, reinstalled macOS, even erase my Mac, problem seems to be when I enter my Apple ID in my Mac, I created new users and it worked at first but then, after a while, it stopped working again, however non of my other devices have this issue. Only happens with my Mac.

Could it be a software thing or is my unit defective?
Regardless of user ID, AirDrop works based of Wi-Fi or BT as long as the receiving device accepts the transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.