Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronlow5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Hi all, I will be flying from North Carolina to Hong Kong in a few weeks and haven't been able to find an airplane adapter for it....I REALLY would like to use my computer for more than 2 hours of the trip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
aaronlow5000 said:
Hi all, I will be flying from North Carolina to Hong Kong in a few weeks and haven't been able to find an airplane adapter for it....I REALLY would like to use my computer for more than 2 hours of the trip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I didn't even know there were sockets on airplanes...I'm going to Europe again this summer, I'd like to hear more about this...

alienex

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2005
im leaving for europe again in a few days, i never noticed adapters on british airways in economy im taking virgin atlantic this time...

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The power points tend to be in Business Class/First only. I have an APC one that works file with BA. It terminates in a standard Euro 2/3 pin socket and the supply a short Euro 2 pin to figure-8 cable that connects straight to an Apple power supply. I had no trouble using this with my MBP last week.

This is the one. Cost me £85 at the airport instead of £50 online :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.