Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyndman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
Just trying some of the limited Airplay features. So I can only (at this point) stream video from native apps. One disappointment.

However, to my surprise I find that when I stream the photo app from my phone it does not handle the orientation. It won't show portrait photos (these all show up landscape and on their sides). It also shows some landscape photos 180 rotated.

Not very impressed. :mad:

LagaV

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
However, to my surprise I find that when I stream the photo app from my phone it does not handle the orientation. It won't show portrait photos (these all show up landscape and on their sides). It also shows some landscape photos 180 rotated.

Same problem here.

And just for clarification: The iPhone detects the orientation fine, pictures are shot with the iPhone. Just AppleTV2 messes up the orientation.

akbarali.ch

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
Mumbai (India)
Same problem here.

And just for clarification: The iPhone detects the orientation fine, pictures are shot with the iPhone. Just AppleTV2 messes up the orientation.

This thread is very old, still replying. I was trying to do the same thing with "Reflectionapp" that makes your comp airplay receiver. if I push images from iphone3GS iOS 5.1.1 i get the orientation problem, but from iphone 4S 5.1.1 the same images look properly oriented. So i guess theres some issue between iphone3GS to Airplay devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.