Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
I have a 2011 iMac that is scheduled to have its graphic card replaced next week under the recall program.

I am wondering if the following problem I experienced today is also likely due to a faulty graphics card or if I should be investigating in a different direction.

My iMac was unable to AirPlay mirror to my :apple:TV a live stream of a symphony concert this morning. All I got was a black screen with the occasional 5 sec appearances and sound of the concert. In fact, that's all I got even when I wasn't using AirPlay. When I switched to my iPad and had it AirPlay the concert all went very well. And yes, the wi-fi signal to my TimeCapsule (used as the router with the :apple:TV ethernet connected to the TC) was equally strong for both the iMac and the iPad so I don't think wi-fi connection was the culprit. Anywhere else in the system I should be looking before pointing my finger at the Radeon 6970?

Thanks
Diane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.