Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
Hi
Yesterday my internet provider resets my router so I needed to re-configure my Airport Express:
1- connected airport to adapter, router (ethernet) and to my hifi amp (I use AE just for stream music from my Macbookpro to my Marantz HIFI amp)
2- From Macbookpro I configure the AE as "Access to an existing network"
3- Disconnected the ethernet cable from AE
3- Ok, it worked

Now become the issues: when I stream music from Spotify (alt-click on speaker menu then set audio output to Airport express) after some minutes the AE drops out, that is it lose the stream and music switch from the hifi speaker to the internal Mac speaker. At this point I re-do the stream to AE and after some minutes it drop out and so on.
Notice that the AE led still always green and also in the Airport utility.
Notice that while the streams works if I change the volume (using Mac media button) the music doesn't responds immediatly but after about 10-15-20 or more seconds or never!

Then I tried, instead, to stream iTunes using the Airplay icon and this works perfectly (no drop out, no volume issues). The same with my iPhone while stream Spotify using the Airplay icon.

So it seems the problem is just related to the streaming method "alt-click icon speaker > change output".

I tried a lot of fixes I read online but nothing works, and what let me angry is that before the router reset all worked like a charm!

Someone can help me? Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.