Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
I'm using a Powerbook and and Airport. Even right next to the Airport I'll be happily listening to music, and BAM! Airtunes drops out, iTunes freezes, and I have to quit and start it to get it to play again. Happens every hour or so of use. Not the end of the world, but annoying. What gives? Internet does it, too. Is it my system? We're in an apartment - could my neighbors be using their microwaves (or something) and causing interference? If so, why would iTunes freeze?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

oops, my signature is wrong. Powerbook 1.67, not the most recent but the one before

lanray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
thanks

You know, I've read of changing channels elsewhere on this site; I just didn't think of it. When I went into the "configurator", my machine also loaded an update. Let's see if this helps things out. Thanks.

eeyoredragon

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2005
Yah, the channel thing might help. Scan for other networks in your area with kismac and choose a different channel (at least two from each of them). Also, if your router jumps from channel to channel, try turning that off. Mine screws up mine it seems when it does that. Constantly jumps channels. When I just stick to one, reception goes back up and things work again *shrug*

eric2087

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
channel

Try using a different channel.

I heard that before.

How/where do I change channel???

My airport drops music when I start surfing the net while playing music.

If I don't touch the net, it plays without dropping.

eric2087

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
here's what you do.....

i tried it all. and i mean all.

this is what you do.......

your
modem

ethernet cable
to

airport express

reset

enjoy...

i tried to use my old modem's wireless capabilities to engage my airport express and then have the ae beam to my macbook. this is too much for a verzion modem to process. the airport is superior in it's wireless function.

my system now is seamless.

only bummer is i had to go buy a long ass ethernet cord.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.