Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2003
Missing In Asia
Just taken delivery of two Airport Express. One simply doesn't work so back to the store for a replacement. However, I am having problems with the other and need your help. I am a Mac newbie so go easy on me!

I want one AE to support wireless printing and the other to stream iTunes to the living room hi-fi. When I plug the AE into the socket next to either the printer or hi-fi the LED flashes yellow and - except for the odd greeen light that lasts a second or two - doesn't change. Both sockets are withn easy range of the Mac (G4 with Airport Extreme card) with the printer in the same room so there should be no distance problems.

When I use AE assistant I cannot set up the device. However when I go to the Airport icon on the top menu bar it recognises a new network and I can select it but still the AE assistant does not work.

Clearly one of my major problems (apart from not being a techie) is that I do not get a permanent green LED on the AE. Anyone had this problem or can assist?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.