Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raison

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2009
I love AirVideo. I've been using for awhile now. I wish they had an option to save a playlist or have a list of recent viewed files because it's a pain to have to go into a bunch of subfolders to find a video I've just played.

PrinceDraven

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
London, UK
Download???

Hi,

I also have this (based upon this thread!) and love it, means i can stream TV episodes off my imac in my lounge up to my bedroom where my iphone is plugged into my tv.

HOWEVER there is one feature which i do not think it has which would be BILLIANT for me.

I would love to be able to download (and possibly convert) videos onto the phone so that when out and about i can download it onto my videos and watch it on the train.

It works well streaming, but connection just goes in and out constantly on a train, if it can stream the entire video, then it is effectively downloading it, so i cant see that it should be a huge deal to add that functionality.

Thoughts?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Hi,

I also have this (based upon this thread!) and love it, means i can stream TV episodes off my imac in my lounge up to my bedroom where my iphone is plugged into my tv.

HOWEVER there is one feature which i do not think it has which would be BILLIANT for me.

I would love to be able to download (and possibly convert) videos onto the phone so that when out and about i can download it onto my videos and watch it on the train.

It works well streaming, but connection just goes in and out constantly on a train, if it can stream the entire video, then it is effectively downloading it, so i cant see that it should be a huge deal to add that functionality.

Thoughts?

Clever idea! That'd be the one thing to make the app even more excellent. I also have one other reqeust, heck it might even be there. Is there anyway for me to reduce the video quality to make streaming over 3G not as long with the buffer? i dont mind loss in video quality if it means a quicker stream. Either way I believe I am being picky, I frigging love this app.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Clever idea! That'd be the one thing to make the app even more excellent. I also have one other reqeust, heck it might even be there. Is there anyway for me to reduce the video quality to make streaming over 3G not as long with the buffer? i dont mind loss in video quality if it means a quicker stream. Either way I believe I am being picky, I frigging love this app.

Yes, just click conversion settings when you are playing a video.

bigrobb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee
I really like this app but has anyone had any issues with it the last 2 days. It was working great for me until 2 days ago I have the server on and running and I open the app and my computer shows on the list when I select it I get an error and it wont show the folders I have selected. I tried everything on there webpage and nothing is working, I didn't know if anyone else is having a problem or if I have accidentally changed some setting somewhere that is blocking it from working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.