Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoserver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
I'm building a webmail client and am trying out AJAX. I have a funny problem in the sense that when I load data in through AJAX, if the length of data doesn't fit into the div it overflows the footer instead of pushing it down like its supposed to.
http://www.betasoft.ca/BetaMail
is an example of what is going on.

Any ideas?

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
First off, the page looks very clean. I like it. I've been looking at your source but I don't see an obvious solution, but I have a few ideas.

In your CSS, you set "position:absolute;" in the #right section but don't have a top or left property set. I think you meant to make it "relative", or you could probably just remove that property completely. If that doesn't work you could try setting "position:relative;" on all your divs.

Also, I noticed in your javascript that you are missing a semi-colon on the line where you set the .innerHTML property. (It might actually be a case where you don't need it, but having it there wouldn't hurt.)

Good luck with the site! :)

neoserver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Oryan said:
First off, the page looks very clean. I like it. I've been looking at your source but I don't see an obvious solution, but I have a few ideas.

In your CSS, you set "position:absolute;" in the #right section but don't have a top or left property set. I think you meant to make it "relative", or you could probably just remove that property completely. If that doesn't work you could try setting "position:relative;" on all your divs.

Also, I noticed in your javascript that you are missing a semi-colon on the line where you set the .innerHTML property. (It might actually be a case where you don't need it, but having it there wouldn't hurt.)

Good luck with the site! :)

Thanks, It was the "position:absolute" code. I had ripped the CSS from another one of my projects and I hadn't noticed that property. I just removed it and the left property and it started working again.

It helps to have a second set of eyes look at the problem. Thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.