Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrviga

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Hi everyone, I posted a similar thread to this a few weeks back, but I can't find it anymore. I got my new 17" PB last week, but I can't open all of the image files that I made with Alcohol and Nero back when on the PC. The alcohol image files have the extension .mds and .mdf. Each disk image has 2 files associated with it, so there is one .mds file and one .mdf file for each CD I made an image for.
The Nero image has the extension .nrg.

I double click the images, but the comp. doesn't know what to do with them. Is there a way to convert these files to the .dmg file format that the mac uses? Thanks for the help!

Joe

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I believe Roxio's Toast will do .nrg (I've heard it, but can't confirm it)

As for the alcohol 120% I ended up running it in VPC. It's quite functional there. And if I need to burn them, I mount the image in Alcohol, then go to the "Make Image" or whatnot and select the virtual drive as the source and the image type as either ISO or CUE/BIN (Toast mounts/burn CUEs too). I haven't quite found a disk that can't be used with ISO/CUE other than Vice City for the PC, which uses Secrom 4 I believe. Though I don't burn that or mount that on my Mac of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.