Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robecq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Denmark
I heard that some printers won't work with airport express (even some sold by mac!). Is this true? if so which ones? I'm after an all in one printer that will work with my airport. I'd like to print/scan and copy thru airport.
Cheers

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
robecq said:
I heard that some printers won't work with airport express (even some sold by mac!). Is this true? if so which ones? I'm after an all in one printer that will work with my airport. I'd like to print/scan and copy thru airport.
Cheers

Unfortunately, I found out that scanning is impossible on any printer through an airport express, or any wireless print server for that matter. For some reason, the data just can't be streamed wirelessly. Whenever I want to scan something, I disconnect my printer from the AX and hook it directly into my imac.

I just bought a Canon PIXMA MP150 and it works brilliantly through my airport express. I had terrible experience with Epson, and I'll never use them again. The canon is only 89 bucks, but it copies/scans/and prints. It supports bonjour, and takes two cartridges that are slightly cheaper than Epson or HP inks. You don't even need all the additional software that comes with it, all you need to do is install the drivers.

You can use Apple's own "Image Capture" app to scan after you directly hook up the printer to the imac. Sadly, I know of no printer that will scan through an airport express.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
robecq said:
(even some sold by mac!)

Hello. I'm sorry to invade your thread but I have to point out that "mac" is not a company. Apple is the company that makes Macs. Not to be an a**, but I had to point that out.;)

Kevin

got2bjoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Umm... excuse me

Hello. I'm sorry to invade your thread but I have to point out that "mac" is not a company. Apple is the company that makes Macs. Not to be an a**, but I had to point that out.;)

Kevin

Goodbye, I'm glad to evade your threadlin, yet I will say the obvious which "Mac" was a company. Macintosh is the company which makes Apples--until the most recent name change after a dispute with the Beatles record lable, in which they became known as their trademark instead of their namesake officially... To be a D***, I needed to out that point. :cool: Richard Cranium

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
No....

Goodbye, I'm glad to evade your threadlin, yet I will say the obvious which "Mac" was a company. Macintosh is the company which makes Apples--until the most recent name change after a dispute with the Beatles record lable, in which they became known as their trademark instead of their namesake officially... To be a D***, I needed to out that point. :cool: Richard Cranium

WTF are you smoking? Apple makes Macintoshes, they make iPods and they use to make Lisas.

Go do some homework before you insult someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.