Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
For some reason my iMessage no longer will text or send images. Images say I need to turn MMS on but it is on for macbook, 15 PM iphone and on this ipad. All devices are using same apple iD but I do have old non email ID that all apps, media still purchased on. I have noticed last few weeks that places which seemed to know my old ID was under the newer iCloud email ID were together had issues. I also noted that my old @mac.com and other aliases for my icloud.com Id are not workihg for login to iCloud and such i now specifically have to use the @icloud.com account name. Someting is changing. I did notice that my iPad was still synced in imessage to the old ID but that was not changed at it worked in last few days on iPad. I corrected that and have the ipad set to send from my iphone phone number rather than my iCloud alias or official @icloud.com. (My phone set same way). So I just mention this in case this is causing problems. Things worked before 17.2 not sure if they did after but I read lots of complaints that 17.2 seems to have Brocken MMS on iPads for many and lots not finding solutions. Anyone have this issue and resolve it. I can text from macbook and iphone but I am often on ipad in living room and tend to text more there. It seems that the users I text to that do not work now are out of town/long distance if that makes a difference. One has iPhone and one does not. Given then are thinking with this to make android and iphones work better in next update or so wonder if that is a source of the problems. I am reaching for straws i admit. Thanks for any advice

Russ

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Update after this maybe setting the ids same after a bit fixed things? It all of a sudden works now to send

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Apparently there was lack of standardization of my Apple ID between things iMessage used on my ipad, iphone and MacBook I have one of old apple ID’s as I mentioned with a name rather than email account name. It sorta over time got put under my iCloud ID but all my apps and media are and were purchased through it. I am finding though they seem to be pushing me for most interactions (like the store now) to use the official @icloud.com ID even though my old one used to work. Suppose this was messing my imessage up in some way but once I got the iMessage fulliy linked ot the @iCloud.com address and assigned to the phone number first for outgoing on ipad all was well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.