Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylepro88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Nashville
I noticed earlier today that while working every like 1min or 30seconds while I do work I get these boxes asking allow/deny but they literally pop up for .25 seconds and disappear. They don't appear long enough for me to read what they're from or what they're asking or what they're allowing or denying if it's answering automatically. I thought about recording my screen so I could pause the video to read what they are but that seems silly.

Anybody else having this issue? Seems to happen no matter what programs I'm using.

kylepro88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Nashville
Nobody has had this issue? It's driving me absolutely nuts. Even as I typed this post I kept seeing one pop up. They're constant and they get in the way of me working a lot.

Thoughts?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Nobody has had this issue? It's driving me absolutely nuts. Even as I typed this post I kept seeing one pop up. They're constant and they get in the way of me working a lot.

Thoughts?

No idea without knowing what is being shown.
Check the system log right after seeing them, maybe it's listed there.
Also maybe install a Demo of Little Snitch, see what is making a request.

murali2kn

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
I noticed earlier today that while working every like 1min or 30seconds while I do work I get these boxes asking allow/deny but they literally pop up for .25 seconds and disappear. They don't appear long enough for me to read what they're from or what they're asking or what they're allowing or denying if it's answering automatically. I thought about recording my screen so I could pause the video to read what they are but that seems silly.

Anybody else having this issue? Seems to happen no matter what programs I'm using.

I'm having the same issue. Don't know what to do.
I feel like some application trying to do something in the background or some hack like thing using automator....

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm having the same issue. Don't know what to do.
I feel like some application trying to do something in the background or some hack like thing using automator....

It is probably the firewall asking if you want to allow an incoming connection. I have mine set to automatically allow signed apps, but still notice that popup... then us disappears. Try turning off the firewall as a temp. test and I bet it goes away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.