Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lgreer

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
I'd like separate email signatures, one per account. Can Sparrow do that?

That is the one feature I've wanted since the day the 3GS came out...

Yes. Sparrow for iOS supports multiple signatures. It makes the default Mail app look like it was built in the stone age. Totally worth $3.

AmpSkillz

macrumors regular
If you want to be annoyed by push notifications, just use the built in iOS mail client.

Sparrow is a nice light weight app for viewing IMAP accounts when you need to.

Uhhh yeah, and if you want to be annoyed by actually knowing when you receive important emails or annoyed by having all of your email accounts in one convenient place or allow other apps to utilize your email then just use the built in email app..

Since you cant delete it anyways, I guess it's technically more light weight than sparrow as well

Last edited:

Flitzy

Oct 20, 2010
That's like asking why some prefer a 3rd part mail app for the Mac. Here's one:

Some of us really love the gmail feature set (like labels, etc.)

It's also the reason why I *don't* use the Mac Mail app either. I use Sparrow.

w00master

So it's a wrapper for Gmail? Just curious - I never heard of it before, though I don't use Gmail so that's probably why.

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
I use the Mac OS X client and now the iOS version. Great Mail client! Want Push? Just use Boxcar! I just wish they made the app universal for the iPad as well.

----------

I'd like separate email signatures, one per account. Can Sparrow do that?

That is the one feature I've wanted since the day the 3GS came out...
Yes, it has this.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
I can't believe no-one makes an iOS app with built-in junk filter.

Junk filters on mail apps are less efficient as server-side junk filtering. With the latter, you don't waste bandwidth on crappy spam mails.
Gmail's spam filters are very advanced and i rarely get spam in my mailbox. I have a catch -all on my domain so the spam filter catches about 35-40K spams a month. Marking arrived messages as spam is as easy as putting them under the spam label.

Some users tho have a habit of dumping their emailadress everywhere. In my experience, that's where most spam and junk comes from for them. Also there are many "bad" websites and apps that sell your emailadress. I can identify them by adding a +somethimg when i sign up somewhere (myname+theirname@gmail.com) so i can filter it and recognize who sold my address.

apple-user

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
London
iPhone apps

Do we really need another email client for iPhone? On the other hand healthy competition can only lead to more choice for consumers so one can't really complain. As you have rightly pointed out however, the current version of Sparrow lacks some essential features which are likely to be address in future updates.

uk102

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
Does Sparrow for iPhone have an option to display plain text only to make loading of emails quicker?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.