Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacScout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
Looking for a good alternative to iTunes 12 or a way to make iTunes 12 useable....

Currently I have about 1TB of music, which has rendered my iTunes library pretty unusable since I updated from iTunes 10 to 11 back in 2013(?)
iTunes 12 is just more of the same.

Finally getting fed-up of not accessing my library because of the immense lag time in searches and playback (average 3-5 second delay in every command)
It's not like this if I have a small library on another computer.

I have tried turning off features in iTunes which connect to the internet, but none seem to have helped.

Also, a pain in iTunes 11/12 is that I can't double-click a playlist and open in a new window. Is this possible?

I use iTunes to archive songs, create playlists for radio broadcasts and connect with RadioLogik software for Automation playback while on-air.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
This is what I get for trying to post from a small device.
Sorry.

Last edited:

Digger148

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
"Also, a pain in iTunes 11/12 is that I can't double-click a playlist and open in a new window. Is this possible?"

I have been researching and asking for solutions about this for months. I've yet to find anything helpful.

A very useful feature that was taken away.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
You have all your smart playlists dumbed down?
They can be real time-eaters.

iTunes 11 went single window, which is a big part of the reason I've stuck to 10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.