Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teague

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
What good alternatives are there?

I just can't justify giving my money over to Apple anymore. I've been an Apple fan for decades and have bought every product except for the Apple watch.

I'm protesting with my wallet and switching to PC. I haven't been in the windows world for so long I have no idea what's good out there. Would like something that lasts longer than 5 years if possible.

I do photography, music, writing, edit movies.

Suggestions?

1=1?

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
What good alternatives are there?

I just can't justify giving my money over to Apple anymore. I've been an Apple fan for decades and have bought every product except for the Apple watch.

I'm protesting with my wallet and switching to PC. I haven't been in the windows world for so long I have no idea what's good out there. Would like something that lasts longer than 5 years if possible.

I do photography, music, writing, edit movies.

Suggestions?
You're going to be very disappointed with windows, which is partly why apple can pull this ****.

Teague

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
You're going to be very disappointed with windows, which is partly why apple can pull this ****.

I know--that's what pisses me off and why I will no longer support Apple.

Quite a few of my peers made the switch to windows months ago and are telling me it's not so bad anymore.

1=1?

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
I know--that's what pisses me off and why I will no longer support Apple.

Quite a few of my peers made the switch to windows months ago and are telling me it's not so bad anymore.
I usually try every couple years and I'm always super annoyed and sell the computer. This is like our politics, we need more than 2 choices to prevent the "we're not the other guy" leverage.

Reactions: Teague

Teague

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
I usually try every couple years and I'm always super annoyed and sell the computer. This is like our politics, we need more than 2 choices to prevent the "we're not the other guy" leverage.

Agreed. How do you like your 2015 15" rMBP? I'm also considering Surface Book i7 but maybe I'll have to go for the 2015 MBP----I had ordered two refurbished 2015 MBP a few months ago but both had jumping cursor issues (ended up being hardware related) so I'm hesitant to spring for another. It looks like they are no longer selling new 2015 MBP which also pisses me off.

1=1?

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Agreed. How do you like your 2015 15" rMBP? I'm also considering Surface Book i7 but maybe I'll have to go for the 2015 MBP----I had ordered two refurbished 2015 MBP a few months ago but both had jumping cursor issues (ended up being hardware related) so I'm hesitant to spring for another. It looks like they are no longer selling new 2015 MBP which also pisses me off.
Honestly it's pretty freaking awesome, though when I looked at benchmarks my 2014 is actually the highest rated one. My major issue with the 2014 is that the force trackpad is a huge improvement because it can't break like the 2014 one did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.