Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
This is all I hear, how it doesn't have 80 GB's or 160 GB's so it sucks. 8 or 16 GB's is plenty of space for music and video for me.

shoefly

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Different strokes for different folks. Some people would rather carry their entire library of music with them.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
This is all I hear, how it doesn't have 80 GB's or 160 GB's so it sucks. 8 or 16 GB's is plenty of space for music and video for me.
Yes, for YOU.

And there lies the difference. For some 8 or 16 GB is plenty, and for others it's far from enough.

For those who don't find it enough, they complain about the space limitations; for those who think it's plenty, they complain about the complainers.

It's just a difference in opinion and nothing more.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
my iPod photo has used 36 out of 37Gb, I had to remove photos as I ran out of space, and there's no films included in that.

I have 4gigs of TV shows and 7.5gigs of movies. Added to my 36Gb of music and 16 gigs means I can't load all my stuff onto my iPod (touch) If I got a classic 80gig I'd be fine (for now)
I have ordered a 16Gb touch, I'm just going to have to compromise and be selective about what I put on it.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
..so making a thread that will be full of people sick of hearing about people who are sick of hearing about something will solve your problem? sorry im being rude.. it felt neccessary.

McCord9

Suspended
Mar 5, 2003
New York City
They will try it and buy it

When they get their hands on one and try it out you won't hear anymore whining. I love mine already. Who cares if its not 160 GB.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Nobody ever complained about the storage when the first 5GB iPod came out :p

iPod touch is 16GB, over 3 times that size.

10th Wonder

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Boston, Ma... Missing 757
We all waited for a long time for the Touch screen iPod! But that is why Apple didn't kill their best selling Classic iPod because they knew people would be furious. For those people who wanted the iPod Touch and knew that the space was gonna be small for now.

I learned the hard way when i was going from iPod to iPod all the time. My 1st one was U2 iPod, next was iPod Photo, then I had the nano and the rest was history. Through my experience's by having my ENTIRE music collection on there, I hardly listened to it all. So when the newer 1g Nano came out I was in love and went with the 2gb or 4gb, i don't remember.

But the moral of the story is I think the iPod Touch is fine, so what if it lacks less gb. That's what the Classic was made for all those people who wants their ENTIRE library in their iPod. For me I see no point in this but I won't tell another person to go the route I am going.

Because I wanted an iPhone when it launch couldn't get one due to bad credit. So i wasn't those people dropping a 1 grand for the phone and credit check. Basically, now I am able to get a contractless iPhone like iPod and even though the price dropped I still wont get one. Since I don't wanna be trapped with ATT if their service sucks in Boston area and surrounding areas.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA

8GB in my iPhone will nowhere near hold my entire music collection, let alone some video. That being said, after living with the battery life using phone, data, and iPod functions, I would *never* go back to an HDD-based iPod. With airplane mode on -- all wireless off -- I listen to music for *hours* and the battery doesn't even budge off full.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
why can't users with different need speak out?

Im glad you are happy with it, but that doesn't mean others have no right to reasonable complain.

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
We all waited for a long time for the Touch screen iPod! But that is why Apple didn't kill their best selling Classic iPod because they knew people would be furious. For those people who wanted the iPod Touch and knew that the space was gonna be small for now.

Hasn't the nano (and before it the mini) been the best selling iPod for some time now?

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Yes, for YOU.

And there lies the difference. For some 8 or 16 GB is plenty, and for others it's far from enough.

For those who don't find it enough, they complain about the space limitations; for those who think it's plenty, they complain about the complainers.

It's just a difference in opinion and nothing more.

Amen!

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
In the OP's defense, it's not so much people saying "well its really cool but doesn't meet my storage needs...oh well... classic for me I suppose" but its the people saying (bitching actually) "oMg!!! HoW cNA aPpLE BEE SuCH LosErS!?! ThERE ShoUd bE 320GB!!! I H8 apPlE!" it's more than a week since it was annouced, get over it and enjoy whatever other iPod actually meets your needs instead of ragging on the one that doesn't.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Yes true, but I was referring to the iPods Classics despite the Nano(was the mini be4) still is the best selling iPod. If they axed the Classics people who want storage would have been pissed off seriously.

Call me weird, but I think it's great to have feature vs. storage choice. I have an 8GB iPhone and an HDD video iPod, keeping both, so I can have the best of both worlds as needed. Although my iPhone as become my main daily iPod.

lowfat

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB, CAN
Call me weird, but I think it's great to have feature vs. storage choice. I have an 8GB iPhone and an HDD video iPod, keeping both, so I can have the best of both worlds as needed. Although my iPhone as become my main daily iPod.

agreed. I'll be keeping my 30GB video for my music storage needs. Then use an 8GB touch for daily use (keep one or two tv shows at a time, plus a few different albums). I really do not need 30GB music for daily use as it would take months to listen to it all anyways.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
I'm getting sick of the entire argument - both those saying it's not got enough space, and those starting new threads to moan about those saying it's not got enough space. Moaning about it, and arguing about whether it's valid to moan about it, is all totally unproductive. Either buy it on this basis or don't, but stop going ON AND ON about it!

That's all. Thanks! Bye!

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
It's akin to complaining about a Porsche 911 because it only seats two.

Well, sorry. There's a nice big SUV that they make that can seat four or five comfortably, if you're willing to give up some speed and maneuverability. Stop whining.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
It's akin to complaining about a Porsche 911 because it only seats two.

Well, sorry. There's a nice big SUV that they make that can seat four or five comfortably, if you're willing to give up some speed and maneuverability. Stop whining.

eeeeexactly. In about 2-6 months there'll be a brand new size added and the 8GB dropped, so either get on board now and enjoy it, or b*****r off and stop moaning, and instead ook forward to taking the p*** out of all us 'fools' that bought it now and have had 6 months of fun with it while you all waited.

Or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.