Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJR

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
If it's any help, I ordered mine on September 3rd with a shipping window of the 14-23, and it officially shipped out this morning. Last update is that it's still sitting in some random town in Kentucky, so I should probably have it by Monday if everything works the way it should.

And on another note, I'm really, really hoping and praying that my ipod doesn't have any sort of defect. Yeah, you save money by going through amazon, but the exchange process usually takes a good two weeks with items like this >_>.

lockstocked

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
If it's any help, I ordered mine on September 3rd with a shipping window of the 14-23, and it officially shipped out this morning. Last update is that it's still sitting in some random town in Kentucky, so I should probably have it by Monday if everything works the way it should.

And on another note, I'm really, really hoping and praying that my ipod doesn't have any sort of defect. Yeah, you save money by going through amazon, but the exchange process usually takes a good two weeks with items like this >_>.

thats good to know. I ordered same day but as of now it has not changed. Perhaps tomorrow it will.

franko v

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Arizona
Today is the last day of my shipping estimate and it STILL says "Not Yet Shipped"

It better ship today or I'm calling Amazon for some kind of discount!

I'm expecting it to be delivered on September 23rd (2-day shipping)...

We'll see...

Patience, patience, patience...

:mad:

:(

caribou123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Today is the last day of my shipping estimate and it STILL says "Not Yet Shipped"

It better ship today or I'm calling Amazon for some kind of discount!

I'm expecting it to be delivered on September 23rd (2-day shipping)...

We'll see...

Patience, patience, patience...

:mad:

:(

I doubt you will get a discount for this. It says shipping ESTIMATE. Shipping outside an "estimate" is not grounds for claiming a customer service issue.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
Wow. I ordered my ipod touch on September 3rd with an estimate of Sept 15th - 22nd. It still says "Not Shipped". WTF. I can't get it tomorrow if they don't ship it out today (yes I did order with next day shipping). Anyone else in the same boat?

GekiRed

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Hades aka England
I ordered mine from Amazon.com rather than buy it at my local Apple Store in Liverpool as the price in the UK is £329.00 for a 64GB one whereas in the US, it's around £245.00 (UK Pounds Sterling)!

I confess I was tempted to buy one today in Liverpool seeing as the shipping date for it to my friend in Michigan is still between the 29th of this month and the 6th of next month, but I decided against it as even with postage and packing for it as well as some other items that my friend is shipping over to me that I ordered from Amazon, it'll still be a lot cheaper than buying it here!

In fact, I'd recommend buying a iPod Touch through a friend in the US as long as they mark the package as a gift to save money, unless you absolutely HAVE to have it ASAP.

Even though I can still cancel my order with Amazon and buy it right now here, I'd rather be patient and wait...

Megagator

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
USA
Ordered Sept. 4

Shipping Est. Sept. 20-22

Delivery Est. Sept. 22-24

2-Day shipping

Sense it hasn't even switched to Shipping Soon, I wouldn't expect the next batch to ship until Wednesday :confused:. If not, I'm out.

EJR

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
I finally got mine in today from amazon. Unboxing video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftaTvYRGoMo

I really, really wasn't happy with the way that they packaged it. It was moving around inside the box, which leads me to believe that they basically threw the darn thing in there and didn't care what would happen to it. On the plus side, aside from a small light leak that I have to be actually looking at a stupid angle to see, no problems at all. No clicking, no heat. Good day :D.

caribou123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
My Sept 3 order, which had a estimated shipping date of Sept 20-27 (yes, that estimated ship date is later than ANY order I have seen reported here for orders on Sept 3 or even Sept 4) is now "shipping soon"!

lockstocked

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
My Sept 3 order, which had a estimated shipping date of Sept 20-27 (yes, that estimated ship date is later than ANY order I have seen reported here for orders on Sept 3 or even Sept 4) is now "shipping soon"!

I just checked mine as well. Sept 3 order with ship date 14-21 is shipping soon as well.

What a joyous day it is.

franko v

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Arizona

:D

Oh glorious day!!!

Mine too finally says "Shipping Soon" -

I hope I get it by Thursday!!!

Mine also was a Sep 3 order - and today was the last day of the shipping estimate (Sep 14-21)...

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Woo Hoo!"

broth

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
I just checked and my Amazon order of my 64 GB model just flipped to Shipping Soon. Ordered on the 5th. Indicated shipping estimate of 9/20-27. Waiting, Waiting....

mchad

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Vegas
I just checked and my Amazon order of my 64 GB model just flipped to Shipping Soon. Ordered on the 5th. Indicated shipping estimate of 9/20-27. Waiting, Waiting....

Ordered Sep 7....original shipping estimate Sep 22-29, this morning status changed to shipping soon with Delivery estimate Sep 27

Chronite

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Ordered Sep 7....original shipping estimate Sep 22-29, this morning status changed to shipping soon with Delivery estimate Sep 27

I ordered a 64GB on the 9th and my delivery estimate was the 21st thru the 28th. Here's to hoping it gets here by the weekend. :cool:

caribou123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Just spoke with Amazon's customer service. They do not have it in stock.

Of course not. When the come in they are allocated to the order backlog, first in first out. They will not have them "in stock" likely for a few weeks until the supply catches up with the demand.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
I ordered my touch on sept 3rd and still showed not shipped yet last night so I went down to Costco and bought the 32 gig for $279 and then cancelled my order with amazon.

EJR

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Just as an update, I had to return my ipod touch to amazon because of spreading light leak issues as well as a minor (I guess, my ipod was getting fairly hot...) heating issue. Maybe I was just unlucky, but it might be something to keep in mind going forward.

On the plus side, Amazon was pretty awesome about it. They're sending a replacement out via one day shipping, and I should have it by Friday.

mchad

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Vegas
Ordered Sep 7th...SHIPPED TONIGHT! Will have it via 2 day shipping with amazon prime on the 24th!

Original Shipping estimate 22-29th

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.