Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
So the website votefortheworst.com is created to increase the number of votes for the person who is considered the worst on the show (for anyone who doesn't know what it is). Is this fair? I mean the show is there to create a good singer and hopefully a star out of the masses, but this underminding of a website is there to exploit the system.

Personally I don't exactly follow American Idol, although it remains a guilty pleasure and I do find myself flipping to FOX every once in a while to see whats going on. Ultimately I think it'd be kinda funny to see this site succeed. Anyone else think this is particularly wrong, or is it fair to do?

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I mean the show is there to create a good singer and hopefully a star out of the masses, but this underminding of a website is there to exploit the system.

No, the point of the show is to market some major labels latest part tart album. I see nothing wrong with exploiting a show that's exploiting people's dreams for profit.

Eye for a eye

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I don't see a problem with. American Idol has lost its credibility to me anyway. It was interesting reading about those audition myths though.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
I agree with psycoswimmer, American Idol has lost credibility with with the latest nude-photo scandal with Antonella and Paula in the interview where she was "high on life." Plus, the winners of the latest American Idol seasons have sucked. Taylor Hicks, doesn't he have only one album? And Daughtry is doing better than him I believe. Yeah, it's just not interesting anymore. Like Survivor.

Jschultz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2005
Chicago, IL
haha, as I've said before, my friend of 10 years runs that site. If any of you get the chance, browse his hate mail section, it's awesome!

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
AI lost credibility when they purposely let really bad singers into the auditions. I realize the producers do it for the ratings and entertainment, but karma's a bitch.

I'll all for votefortheworst.com. The day the worst singer wins the title is the day AI jumps.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Plus, the winners of the latest American Idol seasons have sucked. Taylor Hicks, doesn't he have only one album? And Daughtry is doing better than him I believe. Yeah, it's just not interesting anymore. Like Survivor.

just to be fair, taylor just won idol last year, and chris has been around longer.

but idol is becoming a britney spears search for the best model/actor/hollywood image person than singers. i don't consider these people on idol to be actual artists, as they don't sing their own songs (as in write them), many of them don't play instruments and it's mostly about fame and glamor than music in the idol scene.

i think idol is another sign of why the big label business is going down hill. i quit the show and my parents are one step away from boycotting the show.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
So the website votefortheworst.com is created to increase the number of votes for the person who is considered the worst on the show

That was actually pretty funny. I like the video about the woman on a hunger strike for Sanjaya. Also how they compare Phil with nosferatu. funny stuff.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Anyone dumb enough to audition for American Idol deserves to be exploited. Because that's all AI is....exploiting the morons who think that they'll ever get somewhere and be something.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
I hate that show... if u hevnt noticed but the people who "make it" make for maybe MAYBE two hits if they are lucky, but after that no one cares. yes there is people like.... crap forgot they're names already but w/e I hate 90% soloists

Down with American i\Idol :p :p

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
i don't consider these people on idol to be actual artists, as they don't sing their own songs (as in write them), many of them don't play instruments and it's mostly about fame and glamor than music in the idol scene.

The first two apply to 95% of singers everywhere. Pavarotti never composed anything, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't play an instrument that's not part of his body...

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
what i mean is that i won't call britney spears and the such artists, but singers rather, as they sing, but it's usually stuff written by others. like hit me baby one more time was originally written for tlc. and i should have clarified last time about artists, they don't need to play an instrument, but it helps.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
Yes, it's fair. After reading some of their stories... and after watching too many bad singers through the audition process, after the Antonella Barba thing... Idol lost my attention. Most of the people on the show aren't good anyways.

natemonster

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2007
i have been following American idol. and several times this guy that can kinda sing but sux compared to anybody else hasn't got eliminated yet (i think) but for sure he made the top 12. maybe that's because of this website.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
If it was up to me I'd just have the 3 judges secretly make the selections cause the American public are a bit retarded when it comes to judging talent. But don't know one take that personal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.