Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martygras9

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
Siri can only get better the more people use it, right? Why would they limit the number of people using said feature?

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
The analyst, who has for many years been a proponent of the idea that an Apple television is right around the corner, also states that Apple is likely to introduce a new TV device before the end of 2013, with a 70% chance of the product shipping within the first half of 2014

He's been saying that for the past few years and there is still no evidence whatsoever that Apple are even planning to make a television. The guy's a clown.

Manzzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Mid 2014 for a larger screen iPhone. I can see me now converting to Android for the Note 3.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
no way

apple won't restrict software features, because that doesn't save them money -- the entire point of this device. in fact it would cost them money to do that. nope.

Last edited:

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
No way in hell Siri will be left off the iPhone 5C (or whatever). It ain't happening, if Apple put siri on the iPad mini and 5th gen iPod Touch then it will definitely be present on the plastic iPhone also.

On another note this phone is aimed at mass sale in China, and Apple has put serious effort into making Siri speak Mandarin, so I can't imagine they will keep Siri off the phone.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Munster always out there making predictions and usuallyWRONG!!! His track record is unbelievably bad, yet he's still out there with predictions

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
If the lower cost iPhone were to come without Siri, I would see that as evidence that the licensing costs for voice recognition from Nuance are significant. Not some ham-handed attempt at differentiation.
If it were that significant Apple would just acquire Nuance.

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Everyone will probably tar and feather me for this but I still have a hard time believing that a iPhone '5c' will be announced. Except for the device power connectors and apple tv, Apple doesn't do plastic in its current lineup. Why start now? It lessens the brand. IMO all of these leaks just appear to be cheap knock offs.

SB100

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
I think the white iPhone 5C mock-up (or real) pic looks really nice! I actually want one!

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
No Siri in 5C seems like a rather odd prediction. If it is replacing the 4S (which touted Siri as the key feature of the 4S), it makes no sense to not have it in the 5C.

As far as the fingerprint functionality in the 5S is concerned, I believe that's the best Apple could do in a year. They'll surely add more functionality (secure payments, passbook integration) with time. Probably its another beta that will be constantly upgraded with each version of iOS.

Last edited:

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
I agree on the falsehood of this claim. This is a 4S or 5 replacement phone. There is no reason for them to get rid of a flagship feature like that.

But we all know that analyst's predictions are always right /s

The only reason I would give a thought to such a stupid claim is that this phone was alleged to be geared more for "emerging markets" where they don't have data plans and speeds the way we do.

But then... why would anyone in such a market buy an iPhone that's the most used internet mobile device out there? Nevermind. The analyst is just an idiot like all the others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.