Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SubFredZero

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2001
Auw, painfully for Apple... I hope the G4 gets upgraded as soon as possible or the g5 gets out about NOW.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by SubFredZero
Auw, painfully for Apple... I hope the G4 gets upgraded as soon as possible or the g5 gets out about NOW.
You wish...but MWNY sounds way more realistic...but painful nevertheless, for Apple and us..

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I hope motorola get their act together
its not apple fault its motorola
they suck

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by mac15
I hope motorola get their act together
its not apple fault its motorola
they suck

That's true. HOWEVER, try and tell that to consumers...

Apple Ad Campaign:

"It's not our fault. We're a great innovative company. We have the best chip design and the coolest looking computers around.

Our chip manufacturer, Motorola, sucks. They dont develop the newer chips faster enough to meet our needs. We'd like to realease fastrer, and better chips but we can't because of them.

Buy what we have now, Motorola wont have a new chip for 8 months.

Think Different."

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I just wait till the G5 comes out before I enter this convo, I really can't wait. when it arrives it will be really useful.

Ensign

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Apple's at the mercy of the Motorola Overlord. They beg/plead/whine for faster/better processors and systems, but in the end, Apple's just going to have to sit and wait.

Which means that we, the users, have to sit and wait, complain and commiserate amongst ourselves. I have no idea how many G5 threads have come and gone here (I tried to search on the topic, but the search engine doesn't allow two letter searches):mad: , but its been a huge number. We'll most likely have quite a few more before we actually see one.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
motorola should have something very special up their sleeves. i think its called Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography. theres is a bit about it on the main Macrumors page. this new technology should allow speeds up to 10GHz......:eek:

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
i too can't wait for the new computers.

i'm curious to see the new design they might pop out as well. should be good by all standards.

but they need to do something big soon for sure.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Wait and see, I'll bet Apple will be on top again in a couple of years, and btw they should not start to get in a Ghz-race, because that's all there is to it.
a race to be the fastest, and that my friends is not, and I have already said this a number of times, that is not What Makes A Good Computer.
And further, let's say they come out with a multi-Ghz machine, one that rocks. everything has to be optimized again.
Remember the intel joke, they came out with the P4, and most soft did not even run faster than on P3 just because nothing was optimized, what is a fast computer when the soft does not go along?

The sneak peek on the next X version is there to go along with the next faster proccesors, faster busspeed, etc, they have to tweak the whole OS including all Pro-apps that come along with purchase of a new Mac.
The new version will run smoother as well on G3 and G4, but when introduced to the new Mac Architecture, this thing will ROCK!!

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
steve jobs is the only one candid enough to say something like "motorola sucks" to the press

why do you think he hates interviews...he always puts his foot in his mouth and his lack of technical knowledge makes it into macworld where they expose him so the mac geeks could have a chuckle and start petitioning for the real steve, steve wozniak:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.