Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Counterfit said:
I couldn't really get past the opening scene of the first Appleseed anime. It just never clicked for me.

I thought the movie they showed a few months back was great.

Kind of hard to do a second season when the protagonist dies :rolleyes:

Hey man, you know they all lived. :p

Sorry for misspelling your name before, btw. Won't let it happen again. :)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Onizuka said:

that episode almost made me cry when edward left. and i am in love with that song Call me, Call me.

Anything by Yoko Kanno is amazingly good.

and darkwing, i suggest you don't read the mangas they are horrible

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
eva01 said:
You do a season just about Ed and Ein :p *huggles Ein plushie*

That's wrong on so many levels.

I love how I have like over a hundred anime backdrops, and many of the cute girls are like 14 or so. People make comments like "wow I'd love to hit that" or whatever and I chew them out cuz she's underaged. Of course, you can't really tell most of the time.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
darkwing said:
That's wrong on so many levels.

I love how I have like over a hundred anime backdrops, and many of the cute girls are like 14 or so. People make comments like "wow I'd love to hit that" or whatever and I chew them out cuz she's underaged. Of course, you can't really tell most of the time.

Why Ein is the dog, your not down with beastiality?

:p

easymac800g4

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2004
tuscaloosa, Alabama
im really just a newbie into anime, but i watch them in the same way that i watch a movie. there has to be a good balance between all points of the story, the animation, the charachters, and the MUSIC. i tend to put more emphasis on the music because that is what can turn a good story into a gripping one. with that said Cowboy Beebop is awesome, and one that i was told to watch but diddnt think i would like is BLEACH. the music in the anime grabbed me from the first episode and the storyline, although not the best in the world, has me wondering how the whole Soul Society system runs on a day to day basis.( of course i wont learn that, there is always going to be a fight or something expoding and people running and disobeying orders from their captains for it to be anywhere close to a normal day) if anyone else is watching this at the moment let me know what you think. Good or Bad?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
i watched the first like 15 episodes, i didn't like it so i stopped watching Bleach ^^

why do i ahve a better anime conversation here than on my anime based website

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
eva01 said:
Why Ein is the dog, your not down with beastiality?

:p

I'm sorry, man. No MR for me first thing in the morning! I read that as "Ed plushie."

Sorry!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Natsumi and Miyuki 4eva!

Attachments

• 318Collection_Arts_183.jpg
    318Collection_Arts_183.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 67

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
So, I guess I'll ask my question again. Is anyone else here going to Otakon this year? Maybe I should start a thread just for that. I figure out of 22,000 people, at least one other person would be a member here.

This being my first (anime ;)) con ever, I'm somewhat nervous. I feel at home with geeks and nerds, but I've never really met a crazed/obsessed otaku before. That and being in a "crowd" of 22,000-ish people kinda unsettles me. I don't deal well with crowds sometimes (I was really annoyed by some people when I was at the post-Super Bowl rally in Government Center in Feb of '04.) I hope I have fun though. If not, I'll just find someplace to have a few drinks or something. Maybe the Ravens are playing an exhibition game at home on Sunday..

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Counterfit said:
So, I guess I'll ask my question again. Is anyone else here going to Otakon this year? Maybe I should start a thread just for that. I figure out of 22,000 people, at least one other person would be a member here.

This being my first (anime ;)) con ever, I'm somewhat nervous. I feel at home with geeks and nerds, but I've never really met a crazed/obsessed otaku before. That and being in a "crowd" of 22,000-ish people kinda unsettles me. I don't deal well with crowds sometimes (I was really annoyed by some people when I was at the post-Super Bowl rally in Government Center in Feb of '04.) I hope I have fun though. If not, I'll just find someplace to have a few drinks or something. Maybe the Ravens are playing an exhibition game at home on Sunday..

I'm not going. I love anime, but I hate cosplay/role play/anyone who dreams in anime. I like anime for the stories and plots more than anything else. I'm not much of an artist. From what my con-going ex told me, anime cons are loaded with people in need of reality checks (like herself) and people looking for gay hook-ups.

So no, I won't be going. If you are ever out near San Francisco, though, hit me up and we can blow a whole day on anime and pizza. (That's all we'll be blowing, convention goer. :p)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Well, I guess I'll have to say that my overcrowding fears were completely unfounded. The BCC is abso-****ing-lutely HUGE! 22,000 people, and there's very little real crowding.
I don't have a problem with cosplay, just when people half-ass it. Some quality cosplay from today: clicky
I also saw a staff member with the same headgear that John Cleese wore in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where he plays the dude making all the explosions.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
eva01 said:
Ugh i hated GITS: SAC (because originally director didn't help on it) but in the 2nd gig he is working on it, which means i will watch it

Just watched a bunch of 2nd Gig episodes. I'm no Anime connoisseur, but I loved them. Of course, the last ep. ended when it was getting exciting...

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I have dabbled in the past more than present, but a few I really liked were Bebop (series and movie), Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away was cool, I didn't mind Eva but it did repeat quite a lot, Gunslinger Girls was entertaining, and a host of other randoms I watched an ep here or there. A friend across the hall is completely addicted, has two 250Gb externals full of eps and manga, crazy guy.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
efoto said:
A friend across the hall is completely addicted, has two 250Gb externals full of eps and manga, crazy guy.
I have: 160GB and 200GB externals, filled. Mostly anime, a few movies (Netflix + DVD ripper software ;)), and in my (sorta-dead) beige G3, a 120 filled with DVDs, and a 200 (sadly, only seen as 137, stupid un-updateable tempo trio :() nearly filled with anime (some of it duplicated, some not). PLus the DVDs...

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
I've started watching Chobits and actually like it, at least the first half. :eek: (The second half introduced an unreal twist, so I'll have to reserve judgement till I see the next episodes.) Hilarious as long as you check any feminism at the door. :p

I guess I like CLAMP as the first anime I watched was Angelic Layer - really cool concept even if the battle results were predictable.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Lara F said:
I've started watching Chobits and actually like it, at least the first half. :eek: (The second half introduced an unreal twist, so I'll have to reserve judgement till I see the next episodes.) Hilarious as long as you check any feminism at the door. :p

I guess I like CLAMP as the first anime I watched was Angelic Layer - really cool concept even if the battle results were predictable.

CLAMP = teh sex, i love them, because i love CCS, Chobits, X, Tokyo Babylon, and especially XXXHOLiC

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Lara F said:

I've never liked clamp. (which is why eva01 likes it, because he's a sissy pansy boy) All their stuff is too girly.

If you want to see something weird as hell, check out Shamanic Princess. WTF was that about anyway? I watched it and don't know. I recall being told that was clamp...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Just to drag up this thread since i am working on affording to get my own site back up and running :p

Bought ROD 7, Gilgamesh 2, and Nausicaa these past two days

XNine

macrumors 68040
I bought the Special Edition version of GITS: 2nd Gig, and Range Murata's Future Rythem artbook (Godlike) and Ugestu Hakua's Flamboyant artbook (also godlike).

Now, they've released the Cowboy Bebop REMIX DVD 1. Now I have to collect it all over again. S-O-B!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.