annoying editing in ipoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jer446, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I think i am doing something wrong. I edit all my stuff in photoshop, but sometimes i like doing a simple editing job. Im new to iphoto. WHen i edit a picture, like red eye or brightness or auto, it looks good, but then when i hit done and it saves, it changes over to a washed out over exposed picture. Why is it doing this to all my pictures? How can i make it so it doesnt over write my original?

2. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I've noticed the very same thing.

If I do ANY editting, even just a tilt, when I click 'save', the image suddenly becomes oversaturated. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but after 2 or 3 edits (where I did not adjust saturation) end up getting ruined due to iPhoto over-saturating them, I've stopped editting in iPhoto completely.

Photoshop is my first choice for editting, but if it's something as simple as a tilt or crop, I'd like to just do it in iPhoto. Unfortunately...I can't.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Pssst...version of iPhoto and version of OS X? Sounds similar to the issue iPhoto 5 had with Tiger in the very beginning (but resolved, I believe, by iPhoto 5.0.3 and Tiger 10.4.2)....

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoto 5.02 and tiger 10.4.1 im going to update now i havent been home for two months. I hope its the issue.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i hate ipoto but love iPhoto :) ( sorry i had to)

I make typos all the time so im just joking around :D

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Think it was 5.0.3 and 10.4.2 that the fix came in and then was swiftly followed by 5.0.4 to stop the auto-rotate bug that appeared with some cameras.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan