Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I think i am doing something wrong. I edit all my stuff in photoshop, but sometimes i like doing a simple editing job. Im new to iphoto. WHen i edit a picture, like red eye or brightness or auto, it looks good, but then when i hit done and it saves, it changes over to a washed out over exposed picture. Why is it doing this to all my pictures? How can i make it so it doesnt over write my original?

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I've noticed the very same thing.

If I do ANY editting, even just a tilt, when I click 'save', the image suddenly becomes oversaturated. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but after 2 or 3 edits (where I did not adjust saturation) end up getting ruined due to iPhoto over-saturating them, I've stopped editting in iPhoto completely.

Photoshop is my first choice for editting, but if it's something as simple as a tilt or crop, I'd like to just do it in iPhoto. Unfortunately...I can't.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Pssst...version of iPhoto and version of OS X? Sounds similar to the issue iPhoto 5 had with Tiger in the very beginning (but resolved, I believe, by iPhoto 5.0.3 and Tiger 10.4.2)....

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
ipoto 5.02 and tiger 10.4.1 im going to update now i havent been home for two months. I hope its the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.