Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad4WDW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
This is really annoying, it totally messes up my smart playlists that rely on song ratings for selection.

If I make a smart playlist that chooses songs that are rated in the range of 4 to 5 stars iTunes is now using the greyed out album ratings in addition to song ratings to make the selections. This is totally messing up my playlists because I'm getting songs added that I haven't even rated at all. If you look at the screen grab you can see I've got those grey album rated songs that iTunes automatically generated included in this playlist. I never use album ratings.
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 09.41.18.png

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Sort your music by rating select everything you don't want then right click and change the rating to 1 star or no rating.

Mad4WDW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Sort your music by rating select everything you don't want then right click and change the rating to 1 star or no rating.

Yea that works for stuff that's in my library but as I discover and add new stuff I'll rate a single song in an album then the whole album is getting added to the smart playlists with 4 and 5 star songs in. The point is iTunes shouldn't be adding those auto rated songs that are taken from an albums average should it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.