Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I have posted before about the results I'm getting with my iPhone 14 Pro, but I recently went away and looking back on the images none are great. I just wanted to see from feedback if it is anything that I am doing wrong as I have never had issues like this on previous iPhones.

This image as an example was on a bright sunny day... it just doesn't look as sharp as I expected.
IMG_8257.jpeg

Reactions: tranceking26

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Unless we have access to the full size photo nothing much can be said regarding sharpness. But...that tiny version looks pretty good to me.

Edit: at least, I'm assuming that's a smaller version than the original?

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Unless we have access to the full size photo nothing much can be said regarding sharpness. But...that tiny version looks pretty good to me.

Edit: at least, I'm assuming that's a smaller version than the original?
How do I upload the original?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I honestly don't know if you can here. You can share it from OneDrive, iCloud or Dropbox and add the link here though.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Perfect. Got it. And it looks an incredible quality photograph to me. Completely natural. Not overly sharpened and not overly processed.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Perfect. Got it. And it looks an incredible quality photograph to me. Completely natural. Not overly sharpened and not overly processed.
Maybe I am just trying to zoom in too far, the bumper to me looks kinda washed out and fuzzy, outline of the car looks lost. Maybe just me...

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Maybe I am just trying to zoom in too far, the bumper to me looks kinda washed out and fuzzy, outline of the car looks lost. Maybe just me...

Honestly, in my opinion it is just you. I really do think it is a great photograph. Certainly when it comes to sharpness I literally cannot fault it. But I am no expert in any way shape or form. I'm really surprised others haven't chimed in with their opinion.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection

I can see where you are coming from - I have iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Overall it’s not too bad at all but I (personally) blame the Photonic engine the 14 models use - some times they can be bang on and other times the noise reduction is borderline aggressive or it goes max & can over expose the view we’re seeing. Adjust the exposure down and it goes too dark!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.