Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiedoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Hey everyone,

I know this issue has been beat to death but I still can't get it fixed.

I am trying to get my logitech USB 350 headset to work on bootcamp on my imac. I am running XP. I can get sound to come in the headphones, however the mic is SUPER LOW. I know this is a known issue, but I can't find the solution.

If someone could please help that would be amazing!

I'm not sure if there is a mic boosting program that I could use to help with gaming but no one can hear me.

Borderlands is not that fun with friends with out a mic;)

Thanks so much in advance for any help you guys can provide.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I am mostly sure that it is a hardware issue (the mac has a line in port, not a mic port) and you'll need to use an external sound card or a different computer.

Other options include a bluetooth headset... and that's all I can think of.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just bought a Dynex USB headset/mic and it works great. In the sound settings under recording see if there is properties for the usb mic, there should be a level set that you can increase the mic level.. I am running Win7 (on bootcamp) or I would check for you.

Kiedoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I am mostly sure that it is a hardware issue (the mac has a line in port, not a mic port) and you'll need to use an external sound card or a different computer.

Other options include a bluetooth headset... and that's all I can think of.

I am using a USB headset not a line in port. I am aware that the line in is at line in lvl. Thanks.

Kiedoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I just bought a Dynex USB headset/mic and it works great. In the sound settings under recording see if there is properties for the usb mic, there should be a level set that you can increase the mic level.. I am running Win7 (on bootcamp) or I would check for you.

You didnt have to boost your headset mic lvl when you first plugged it in?

Kiedoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
has anyone else run into this issue at all that could help out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.