Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Batman Jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
For the last two or three days, every time I go to myspace my browser locks up and I have to force quit it -- always just before or just after logging in. The same thing happens on Safari, IE, Firefox and Netscape. I'm running an old system (10.2.8) so maybe that has something to do with it?

Any advice appreciated.

Batman Jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
thewhitehart said:
This happens often to me running eharmony on Safari using Tiger. I also find that myspace runs extremely slow.

I've had problems with it running slow before, but nothing like this. Now it hangs up my browser (no matter which I use) every single time. Does anyone know if there's some sort of virus that might cause that? Or some new compatibility issue with 10.2.8?

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Is there a particular profile or page that it hangs on?

If so something could be on the page that's giving the browser a hard time, or when it comes to Myspace something that is annoying the browser more than usual ;)

Batman Jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Darwin said:
Is there a particular profile or page that it hangs on?

If so something could be on the page that's giving the browser a hard time, or when it comes to Myspace something that is annoying the browser more than usual ;)

Thanks for the reply. It just hangs as soon as it can. Sometimes that's before I can even enter my login info, sometimes immediately after. It's not specific to my profile. The same thing happens when I try to go to any myspace profile and it happens the same way on four different browsers.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
mkrishnan said:
There was another recent thread in which someone described similar behavior. I can't replicate it -- the page that hangs for that user (his own MySpace page) loads fine for me. :confused:

Yeah, quickly scanned through that thread, Flash seemed to make a few appearances there

With my experience on Safari I find that it can sometimes hang when:

1) Its not receiving the page all at once due to the server being slow/over-worked

2) Or sometimes when a plug-in is having to load up

Batman Jones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Darwin said:
Yeah, quickly scanned through that thread, Flash seemed to make a few appearances there

With my experience on Safari I find that it can sometimes hang when:

1) Its not receiving the page all at once due to the server being slow/over-worked

2) Or sometimes when a plug-in is having to load up

My flash player's up to the latest version. And it's not just Safari at all -- it's every browser. If it's a server issue, it's remained the same for days now and apparently only applies to 21stcenturykid and me. Are there particular plug-in's I should be looking at?

jamjoe1

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2006
myspace problems continue

I've been having the same problem with my powerbook as of today. I installed 10.4.7 on mine yesterday and now a myspace page won't even load. I can log into my area fine and view my profile but anyone elses and my browser will just lock up. Does anyone else have any ideas how to fix this? My sister has a macbook with 10.4.6 on it and myspace works fine!? i can only think its another apple update that messes up existing settings.

Superlat

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2006
Seattle
myspace slowness

The only website I have problem with is Myspace. Its either a java engine problem, or something that Myspace is doing to Apple, which doesnt really make sense, since Apple is kicking PC's teeth in. Apple used to suck a lot on the net, and it could have something to do with the awful globs of crapola amateurs put on their sites, but something odd is afoot here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.