Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Not really. It doesn't have the click-wheel, so no one could accidentally mistake it for a real iPod.

That said, I'm sure the design was inspired by the iPod.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
UK
EricNau said:
Not really. It doesn't have the click-wheel, so no one could accidentally mistake it for a real iPod.

That said, I'm sure the design was inspired by the iPod.

There's always room for some pedantry.:rolleyes:

The click-wheel aside, that is a complete and utter rip-off.

Rich.

gco212

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2004
Philadelphia
Maybe it's just me, but they don't look all that similar. They're both rectangles with the controls below the screen, but 90% of mp3 players are.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Ashapalan said:
i hate that (Dixons) website.

does anyone else find it consistently slow with firefox and safari?

It's a terrible site.

Rich.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, took forever to load for me. That said, that mp3 player is just another generic iPod rip-off. There are plenty. Nothing to get riled up about.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
fatsoforgotso said:
There's always room for some pedantry.:rolleyes:

The click-wheel aside, that is a complete and utter rip-off.

Rich.
There's always time to bow down to Apple and hail them creators of the universe. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest; Apple didn't patent the "black rectangle." The click wheel is what really makes an iPod an iPod. Without the click wheel, it's just another rectangle.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
UK
EricNau said:
There's always time to bow down to Apple and hail them creators of the universe. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest; Apple didn't patent the "black rectangle." The click wheel is what really makes an iPod an iPod. Without the click wheel, it's just another rectangle.

You are good.

If you read my original post, i was just wondering how a company can release something so very close to an exsisting product, without feeling embarressed for their unoriginality.

I'm no Apple fanboi, i just believe in originality. Something this product is considerably lacking.

Rich.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
fatsoforgotso said:
If you read my original post, i was just wondering how a company can release something so very close to an exsisting product, without feeling embarressed for their unoriginality.

[..]
Ask Microsoft, they should know. :rolleyes: :p :D

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
The concept is similar, but with that strange amoeba-like object instead of a click wheel, I don't think I'd call it a rip off. A bit clunky IMO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.