ANOTHER Nano rip-off!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MIDI_EVIL, Apr 23, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

2. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Have you noticed how that piece of **** only works on PCs? We mac users seem get overlooked when it comes to quality stuff like that. Its such a shame!

:D

3. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

Not really. It doesn't have the click-wheel, so no one could accidentally mistake it for a real iPod.

That said, I'm sure the design was inspired by the iPod.

4. macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

There's always room for some pedantry.:rolleyes:

The click-wheel aside, that is a complete and utter rip-off.

Rich.

5. macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me, but they don't look all that similar. They're both rectangles with the controls below the screen, but 90% of mp3 players are.

6. macrumors 6502a

i hate that (Dixons) website.

does anyone else find it consistently slow with firefox and safari?

7. macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

It's a terrible site.

Rich.

8. macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Yeah, took forever to load for me. That said, that mp3 player is just another generic iPod rip-off. There are plenty. Nothing to get riled up about.

9. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

There's always time to bow down to Apple and hail them creators of the universe. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest; Apple didn't patent the "black rectangle." The click wheel is what really makes an iPod an iPod. Without the click wheel, it's just another rectangle.

10. macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

You are good.

If you read my original post, i was just wondering how a company can release something so very close to an exsisting product, without feeling embarressed for their unoriginality.

I'm no Apple fanboi, i just believe in originality. Something this product is considerably lacking.

Rich.

11. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

Ask Microsoft, they should know. :rolleyes: :p :D

12. Ish
    macrumors 68000

Ish

The concept is similar, but with that strange amoeba-like object instead of a click wheel, I don't think I'd call it a rip off. A bit clunky IMO

13. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Steve Jobs invented walking upright :)