Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is a poor imatiation in my estimation. It seems to have a cheap/inexpoensive look. The alumnium look just doesn't do it for me. All the seams seem very troublesome.

The G5 looks like it was made the design. A very seamless look.

000000117773.jpg

V.A.Toss

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
I remember seeing an article saying Apple patented the G5 case design. Or something like that.

Maybe we'll have a lawsuit on our hands, i mean its not like Apple is shy.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
MoparShaha said:
All they did was bolt some handles onto a fugly case. Pretty imagine-less.
It's unimaginative, too ;)

But yeah, we have consensus. Another tacky home-build PC case... something you really don't have to look very far for in the market right now.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
Is it really that hard to make a decent knock off now-adays. The G5 is not that hard to ripoff and make it look decent. It's all about stream lined and subtle details people, comon get with it.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
The aluminum and the handles do not a G5 make. That'd be like saying that any aluminum hard drive with a blue light and a stand is as attractive as a LaCie d2.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Thomas Veil said:
I'm not even a big fan of Apple's current G5 design. But that thing...!
sickface.gif

This says it the best:
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif

That case really is the winner of the "Fugly" award. I'll Photoshop something later... :D

RobbyRoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2004
You can put vanilla frosting on a chocolate cake.
But it's still a chocolate cake.

14818656_F_store.jpg

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
its the same as any old pc case, except with 2 handles at the top. That dont even look like their supposed to be there. distgusting. :eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
killuminati said:
its the same as any old pc case, except with 2 handles at the top. That dont even look like their supposed to be there. distgusting. :eek:

Is it just me, or do these handles remind anyone of those formula-style aftermarket wings when people put them on the back of Accords? This thing needs a big chrome tailpipe and a broken rearview mirror. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Mechcozmo said:
This says it the best:
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif
sickface.gif

That case really is the winner of the "Fugly" award. I'll Photoshop something later... :D

After lunch its a good thing that we have strong stomachs. It seems that the above case is very deserving of our ridicule.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Looks like it's made of tin. Or like one of those $30.00 aluminum suitcases you see at truck stops.
RIVETS?!?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.