Another "should I buy this now?" question (macbook)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmodog, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dmodog macrumors newbie

Here goes my first post...

I'm thinking of getting the 13" Black MacBook, mainly to learn Final Cut Pro and also for personal use.

I've done some research. I need one of these rather soon but I'm willing to hold off and fill my current iMac (800mhz G4, shaped like a lamp) with a little more ram to get by using iMovie HD for now.

Though from what I read, the next MacBook update doesn't seem to be very significant unless you're interested in a MBP (too expensive) or a sub-notebook (too small). And since the estimated wait time right now is at "neutral," with about 100 days before the next probable update, I don't think it's worth it.

But I need some second opinions because I could be wrong. It seems like the most significant change to future MacBooks will be larger, LED lit displays, and for me that doesn't seem worth a wait.

If anyone could give me their opinions that would be great. Thanks!

--Derek
    p.s. As a bonus, does anyone think it would be worth the wait just to avoid paying for the Leopard and iLife '07 updates?

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I think the next update of MacBooks will be in early-mid summer, or maybe even later, I dont know when the next CPU will be out (santa-rosa?). The spring, however, the MBs may see an addition of a 15.4" version, while MBP15" screen would be updated with LED.

If you can wait till late march/early april, wait, if you dont want to may for new iLife, iWork and Leopard.

3. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm going to the US next week and was thinking of getting one while I'm out there so that I could save a few quid.

Would it be better to get a cheaper macbook now, or wait till leopard and buy it in the UK which will undoubtably be more expensive