Another "should I buy this now?" question (macbook)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmodog, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. dmodog macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2007
    #1
    Here goes my first post...

    I'm thinking of getting the 13" Black MacBook, mainly to learn Final Cut Pro and also for personal use.

    I've done some research. I need one of these rather soon but I'm willing to hold off and fill my current iMac (800mhz G4, shaped like a lamp) with a little more ram to get by using iMovie HD for now.

    Though from what I read, the next MacBook update doesn't seem to be very significant unless you're interested in a MBP (too expensive) or a sub-notebook (too small). And since the estimated wait time right now is at "neutral," with about 100 days before the next probable update, I don't think it's worth it.

    But I need some second opinions because I could be wrong. It seems like the most significant change to future MacBooks will be larger, LED lit displays, and for me that doesn't seem worth a wait.

    If anyone could give me their opinions that would be great. Thanks!

    --Derek
    p.s. As a bonus, does anyone think it would be worth the wait just to avoid paying for the Leopard and iLife '07 updates?
     
  2. eXan macrumors 601

    eXan

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Russia
    #2
    I think the next update of MacBooks will be in early-mid summer, or maybe even later, I dont know when the next CPU will be out (santa-rosa?). The spring, however, the MBs may see an addition of a 15.4" version, while MBP15" screen would be updated with LED.

    If you can wait till late march/early april, wait, if you dont want to may for new iLife, iWork and Leopard.
     
  3. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #3
    I was thinking the same thing, but I'm going to the US next week and was thinking of getting one while I'm out there so that I could save a few quid.

    Would it be better to get a cheaper macbook now, or wait till leopard and buy it in the UK which will undoubtably be more expensive
     

Share This Page