Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeanSolecki

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2011
2. Even if it's not, why does the fact there's no brake lights illuminated have anything to do with it? Drivers of cars making up rows of traffic in Europe generally don't all have their foot on the brake pedal - most cars have manual transmissions and thus don't try and creep forward whilst in traffic. It is considered that those who do drive an automatic should knock the gearbox into neutral and apply the handbrake if they are to be stopped for any length of time - especially in the dark - as to prevent bright brake lights from blinding the driver behind. One should only illuminate their brake lights - whatever transmission - if they are at the rear of a queue of stationary traffic and can see a car approaching from behind at speed.

That's awfully friendly. In the bay area (USA) we do nothing of the sort.

Mac345

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
Is it Me?

Is it me, or are the decimal points on the photo for "Capacity" and "Available" both commas?

el3ktro

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2008
Either that - or they are really good at driving to be so close without hitting the brakes (ie no brake lights are on in the photo) :rolleyes:

I say it's standing traffic. When you're saying that you see no braking lights you should keep in mind that manual gearing is VERY common in Europe, so when your car is standing still, you do NOT have to keep the foot on the brake, and you'll not have the braking lights flashed.

David87

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Essex, UK
That's awfully friendly. In the bay area (USA) we do nothing of the sort.
Yeah, it's not part of learning to drive per se (not until you get into Advanced Driving tests), but any decent driving instructor should at least mention it to his / her pupil.

Right! Back on topic. So, white iPhone 4...;)

Zeus86

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
New York, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I went to 2 AT&T stores today and they know nothing about the white iphone 4. They did not even know it was releasing.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I went to 2 AT&T stores today and they know nothing about the white iphone 4. They did not even know it was releasing.

That's what they want you to think.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
That screen looks nice and yellow compared to that white front plate!

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
The front of the white iphone looks neat. The back is rather hideous.

Perhaps they should make it white on one side and black on the other.

Then again people wil argue which side should be white and which should be black.

bele_and_lokai_star_trek.jpg

Zeus86

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
New York, NY

no trust me they did not know ****!!! She looked me at me and said it not coming out and then I said it's supposed to come out tomorrow and she looked at me like I was crazy. She asked her manager and he said we did not receive any.

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010

no trust me they did not know ****!!!

They knew nothing?

Did the manager look like this?

sgt_20schultz_small.jpg

sordan

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2011
Called every AT&T store in my area (Exton, PA) and not a single person had a clue about the white iPhone. One lady said "I think it's all just hype, we have no information on any incoming shipments". So unless they were just misinformed or hiding something, it doesn't look like they will have any in stock tomorrow. Called my local Apple store and the guy gave a really generic corporate response along the lines of "if you don't see it on the apple site I don't know anything about it". Sounded kind of fishy to me.

If the AT&T stores really don't get them in stock tomorrow, why did numerous international carriers get them in? Since apple sent them white units, why haven't they made a press release?

The white iphone has been very mysterious since the beginning.

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
Called every AT&T store in my area (Exton, PA) and not a single person had a clue about the white iPhone. One lady said "I think it's all just hype, we have no information on any incoming shipments". So unless they were just misinformed or hiding something, it doesn't look like they will have any in stock tomorrow. Called my local Apple store and the guy gave a really generic corporate response along the lines of "if you don't see it on the apple site I don't know anything about it". Sounded kind of fishy to me.

If the AT&T stores really don't get them in stock tomorrow, why did numerous international carriers get them in? Since apple sent them white units, why haven't they made a press release?

The white iphone has been very mysterious since the beginning.

If the employees want to keep their jobs and the store's good standing relationship with Apple, they won't willingly tell you about an unannounced product. Plain and simple. That's how they're trained to respond and they're not going to tell you a secret just because you asked nicely.

Zeus86

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
New York, NY

this looks like it might be a best buy exclusive. I truly think AT&T knows nothing about it. Why would they hide it? They get a commission for every phone sold at the AT&T store so they want customers. They had problem telling people the release date on previous release dates.

sordan

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2011
If the employees want to keep their jobs and the store's good standing relationship with Apple, they won't willingly tell you about an unannounced product. Plain and simple. That's how they're trained to respond and they're not going to tell you a secret just because you asked nicely.

Yeah that's definitely a valid point. I'm hoping that's whats going on, certaintly seemed like that was the case with the Apple store employee I spoke with.

You'd think apple would make an announcement by now if it was really going to be released tomorrow. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm wondering why they changed the sensor area. Looks more like the area that's on the black iPhone 4. I've never had any issues with the sensor area with any of the several white iPhone 4 front panels that I've received.

antpod

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I posted this earlier but a good friend of mine who works at an apple store hasn't seen any white iphone 4 shipments or promotional stuff today at work.(hes still working)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.