Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scooterspud

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2003
Yeah, I know the card iself won't fit in the slot, but is it possible to create a working exteme card and have it work in older machines? Just wondering if Apple or a 3rd party will come up with something that can work, or is it a hardware thing that can't be worked on.

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
offensive...please do not post things like this that may be considered offensive to some of our members... :rolleyes:

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
mod edit

image removed...no need to repeat something offensive here...

Despite that being irrelevant, you may want to be careful with posts that may flare up arguments.

Are you sure you posted in the correct thread?

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Wardofsky
mod edit

image removed...no need to repeat something offensive here...

Despite that being irrelevant, you may want to be careful with posts that may flare up arguments.

Are you sure you posted in the correct thread?

In the future just hit the report to moderator link and leave it. By responding to such a post you just help to carry on the stupidity. Glad to know that you felt responsibile to say something though.

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Re: Any Airport extreme for older macs?

Originally posted by scooterspud
Yeah, I know the card iself won't fit in the slot, but is it possible to create a working exteme card and have it work in older machines? Just wondering if Apple or a 3rd party will come up with something that can work, or is it a hardware thing that can't be worked on.

from what i understand, there's no way that you'll ever get an airport extreme card in an airport slot because the interface between the mainboard and the AP slot is slower than 11g speeds anyway.

Other than the PCMCIA thing, i think you can get firewire 11g dongles or something? I think i've seen some 11g dongles, but they're obviously not USB ones.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Originally posted by MacBandit
In the future just hit the report to moderator link and leave it. By responding to such a post you just help to carry on the stupidity. Glad to know that you felt responsibile to say something though.

I wasn't sure if it was an over-reaction to do so, but thanks any how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.