Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Interesting, and a little strange. Can you discuss the domain (of the DSL)? Is it web based? Embedded hardware control? Rich client apps for any specific OS?

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Interesting, and a little strange. Can you discuss the domain (of the DSL)? Is it web based? Embedded hardware control? Rich client apps for any specific OS?

It's a web based framework and language for designing business applications. Primarily in the browser, but many of our customers use the iOS and Android apps that can "plug into", so to speak, to the framework.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Nice. The best advice I can give is to keep at it, even when it's discouraging and frustrating. Things that don't seem easy or apparent, get easier with exposure.

Thank you. I've been told how difficult it is but I love this stuff so I hope I can keep at it when I start next year.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
It's a web based framework and language for designing business applications. Primarily in the browser, but many of our customers use the iOS and Android apps that can "plug into", so to speak, to the framework.

Wow, weird. I've been in this industry a _long_, and the instances of a roll-your-own languages are really rare.

Not so much frameworks, since many come from internal projects, where a tech team is trying to simplify development (for example: Rails coming out of Basecamp).

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Wow, weird. I've been in this industry a _long_, and the instances of a roll-your-own languages are really rare.

Not so much frameworks, since many come from internal projects, where a tech team is trying to simplify development (for example: Rails coming out of Basecamp).

Yeah. The language is Java-based, but it's abstracted so far away from it that it's like saying you're based off of your great-great-great-great-great grandfather. I wish I could go into more detail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.