Any cool Rendezvous hardware yet?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DVDSP, Jul 12, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Remember this? (from the Phillips web site, emphasis added by me):

I think all that would be very cool but I can't find mention of anything else on the Phillips web site. Aside from some printers supporting Rendezvous, is there anything else out there that does? I mean, anything else that would be good/cool for around the house usage.

2. thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? Anything? I'm really jonesing for some new Rendezvous-ready home entertainment stuff.

3. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Series 2 Tivo supports it if you buy the Home Media Option.

4. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Only 2 more weeks until I sign up for the Home Media Option. Wasn't Philips one of the original makers of the Tivo box?

5. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Philips is the name on the Tivo. I just recently found out that there are several manufacturers. Philips does make some of them though.

I've posted this a couple times, but it's worth repeating if you're gettin Home Media Option--Tivo won't play AACs--strictly mp3. They say AAC support is coming but they don't give a timeframe.

6. macrumors member

Not really rendezvous, but Linksys announced a new wifi b media device which basically lets you stream mp3's and pictures to your tv and hifi, with the ability to control your mp3's and playlists from the tv via a remote control.