Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibyfok

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
France
Thanks but I want the trackpad force touch on my next laptop, some kind of black magic really :eek:

I don't get why so much people are amazed with the Force Touch? It's a static trackpad with the feeling of a normal trackpad so at the end, you will end up with no noticable difference... So why is it so exciting ?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I know how it works but why are people so excited about it?

Because the trackpad is programmable. You can have your UI feed "bumps" to the trackpad which can give another layer of feedback. The latest iMovie has good examples of this. The trackpad will bump when you reach the beginning or end of a movie clip, for example.

Other than the programmability, probably its newness has people excited.

endac

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
The Apple sales rep I dealt with got in touch with me today to tell me my 1.3/256 delivery to Ireland is "on track" which was a really polite way of saying it's not arriving until May 12-19. I ordered mid-morning April 10th.

I guess I wouldn't mind so much had I not sold my MacBook Air mid-March thinking my new MacBook would ship the week it was launched. :rolleyes:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The Apple sales rep I dealt with got in touch with me today to tell me my 1.3/256 delivery to Ireland is "on track" which was a really polite way of saying it's not arriving until May 12-19. I ordered mid-morning April 10th.

I guess I wouldn't mind so much had I not sold my MacBook Air mid-March thinking my new MacBook would ship the week it was launched. :rolleyes:

I don't know why I thought it wouldn't be available for Ireland in the first batch of countries so I ordered mine from the UK store and have it shipping to Parcel Motel in NI. I wonder if the UK will get priority over Ireland.

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Still nothing in Germany :(
Ordered about 1 minute after the store went live on the 10th.

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
No update for me either, I ordered something like 45 minutes after they went on sale. Space grey, base model. Switzerland (if the mixture of 3 languages in my order status wasn't a clue).

Processing Items Available to ship: 3-4 Wochen
Delivers: 08 Mai, 2015 - 18 Mai, 2015 by Livraison standard

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Not shipped but my credit card was charged today for my 1.3/512 UK order but dates still say May 8-14 and "Processing Items"

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Not shipped but my credit card was charged today for my 1.3/512 UK order but dates still say May 8-14 and "Processing Items"

That's really promising. Perhaps it will ship in the next couple of days, I assume from China.

Which country are you in?

If I'm not mistaken U.K. orders tend to 'ship' from an Apple distribution centre in Ireland and take just a day or two. Perhaps with the MacBook this will be different.

Incidentally, my dates are 8th-15th May. Was 14th a typo on your part?

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed your reference to the UK.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That's really promising. Perhaps it will ship in the next couple of days, I assume from China.

Which country are you in?

If I'm not mistaken U.K. orders tend to 'ship' from an Apple distribution centre in Ireland and take just a day or two. Perhaps with the MacBook this will be different.

Incidentally, my dates are 8th-15th May. Was 14th a typo on your part?

I've had orders come from China directly and I think this will be the same. I'm actually in Ireland but the address is in the UK.

No it's may 8-14 for sure.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Ok, looks like things are about to happen!

I ordered a 1.3 / 256 in Space Grey from the UK within half an hour of orders going live on 10th April. At the time the shipping estimate was 3-4 weeks with delivery between the 8th-15th May.

No change yet in the delivery dates but the full charge is showing as "Pending" on my credit card. Looks like it could ship early! ##

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
I have ordered the base model, no changes for me yet. Looks like the BTO models are being built right now, and that's why they block the money on the cards.

cschaetzle

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Germany/BW
Germany

1.3GHz/512GB/SG
with german keyboard

still processing

Ordered on 10/4 10 min after the store went online

to those witch have CC pending. What keyboad layout do you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.