Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nexvick

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009
Thanks Greg, but no thanks...

We're tired of waiting, as I'm sure you gathered from my email.

Mr Lukins,

Many people, myself included, are extremely disappointed at the way the release (or, more appropriately, the delay) of the XGPS300 is currently being handled. We have watched at least 5 different release windows come and go. But the latest is the most frustrating of all. Your website currently says it will be available by the end of February 2010. Of course, we are now in March. Which begs the question, what is going on at Dual that you can't get a firm release date? If Dual is having this much trouble with the simple release of the unit, I wonder how many issues there will be with the unit itself. In my opinion, a company's marketing skills, quite frankly, have a correlative relationship to the company's products and services. For this reason, I, and many others, will not be purchasing the XGPS300 when it becomes available.

Nexvick

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009
Statement from the Dual XGPS300 website

Isn't this an interesting statement?

"We anticipate the *XGPS300 will be available very soon – within a week or two. It wasn’t late February like we thought, but we are closer to the launch than ever before."

Unbelievable! That's like saying, "I'm closer to death today than I was yesterday." Wow! That was creative, Greg!

ronster22

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
higher price than I thought

Yeesh 199 USD...that's like 210 CDN. Plus 299 for a 32GB iPod Touch, that's like over 500 bucks. No thanks.

Nexvick

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009
Should we be shocked?

It's been 2 weeks to the day since the last update on the release of the XGPS300. The last statement said that it would be available "within a week or two." Not surprisingly, it's still not available. Are any of you really shocked? Based on the handling of its release, this product is likely to tank. Hey Dual, maybe you should wait until everyone has forgotten how bad you've screwed up this release and try again.

Z

zacksba

I just got the "it's now available email," They are selling it at the online apple store.

Mugwumper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Temecula, CA
Yep, me, too . . .

I just got the "it's now available email," They are selling it at the online apple store.

As others have noted, "too much, too late". I might have bought this last
year, but it turns out my wife needed a GPS and she got one for $125 during a
Christmas sale.

I'd really like to have this capability on my Touch, but not for $200 . . .

Maybe when a 128GB iPod Touch comes out in 2011, it'll have a GPS
receiver in it. And Dual will be yet another distant memory of what could
have been . . .

Z

zacksba

As others have noted, "too much, too late". I might have bought this last
year, but it turns out my wife needed a GPS and she got one for $125 during a
Christmas sale.

I'd really like to have this capability on my Touch, but not for $200 . . .

Maybe when a 128GB iPod Touch comes out in 2011, it'll have a GPS
receiver in it. And Dual will be yet another distant memory of what could
have been . . .

I could care less who is or who is not going to buy it. I was simply posting that the email came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.