Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Originally posted by Dave the Great
Yes, you would notice a difference. Not so much going from 680k to 1.333MP ( some more lines of video resolution, but really the extra pixels are for stills), but the size of going from a 1/6" to a 1/4" makes a big difference in light sensitivity.

However, since you already own a ZR 20 and you have already purchased the ZR80, you shouldn't second guess your purchase. I am sure the ZR80 is a good cam. Plus, it was only $331. And you are familiar with the Canon nuanances, since you owned one previously.

I hope you are right. I could have purchased a sony with a 1/4" for only 417. I just did not like the touch LCD. I was afraid it may be more prone to breaking. It may not, I just thought it would be.
My ZR20 was almost three and a half years old, so I imagine the ZR80 will be an improvement.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2004
we were looking at the JVC GRD30 and 70 models. We did compare them to a Samsung and the Canon on the same TV. In the viewfinder they all looked fine, but on the TV, the JVCs were very blue.

I ended up with the Canon 'cause it had a 16X9 mode, and we have a widescreen TV. I got tired of hearing my wife complain that she looked fat in the home movies cause of the tv. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.