Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
The Nashua NH store has the att 64gb iPhone 6 in grey and gold... Finally snagged one for the hubby. He wasn't interested when I preordered mine for launch day.
I'll surprise him with it tomorrow :D

Middiebear

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
I cannot for the life of me grab one of the T-Mobile 64 GB (Any color is fine but Silver is preferred) iPhone 6 Pluses. I check the Apple Site frequently and am subscribed to istocknow. I have seen them available at the online store for pickup at stores near enough to me and I have gotten through the ENTIRE ordering process about 14 times. Every time I get to the final screen of "Make Purchase" or whatever it says, the screen acts likes it's processing my payment and then I get a message that says "Error Encountered" and I have to start again. By then, they are all gone and I'm screwed until the next time. It's really aggravating and really frustrating. I know it is for a lot of you too. Anyone have any idea how to get this thing before December? It's been almost 7 weeks since the preorder began and it's no better than it was. Ugh. Any tips or tricks that might actually work would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having the same exact issue for the past 2 days.

I'm trying to buy 16GB iPhone 6 Plus TMobile Gold and every time I try to process the order it pops up an "Error Encountered" message.

I've tried 3 different stores in my area, with 2 different Apple IDs... with same results.

It will show "Available Today," I add to cart, check out, and try to process the order, and then the error will pop up... Then when the page refreshes it says that the same store now is "Unavailable for Pickup..." Yet an hour later or so the same exact store will show "Available Today" again?!

Please tell me how you were able to finally complete an order? Or I'm thinking that this is just a glitch in Apple's system and their in-store Availability tracker isn't accurate.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011

I'm trying to buy 16GB iPhone 6 Plus TMobile Gold and every time I try to process the order it pops up an "Error Encountered" message.

I've tried 3 different stores in my area, with 2 different Apple IDs... with same results.

It will show "Available Today," I add to cart, check out, and try to process the order, and then the error will pop up... Then when the page refreshes it says that the same store now is "Unavailable for Pickup..." Yet an hour later or so the same exact store will show "Available Today" again?!

Please tell me how you were able to finally complete an order? Or I'm thinking that this is just a glitch in Apple's system and their in-store Availability tracker isn't accurate.

It's not a glitch. Other buyers are just beating you to the punch. Apple seems to be letting stores release very few of the devices online at a time, but having them do so intermittently throughout the day. I feel your pain, I can't seem to get one fast enough either. This is the same thing I went through a couple of years ago when I waited to get the iPhone 5 after launch. Stock will slowly rise, and we'll eventually get our chance.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
I dont think you are right, even though it shows for sale it wont let you finish the order without an error. It will then show out of stock and show back up s available like 20 mins later, you can try it at 2am and the same thing would happen.

My bet is that if you went to the store they would have it in stock.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I dont think you are right, even though it shows for sale it wont let you finish the order without an error. It will then show out of stock and show back up s available like 20 mins later, you can try it at 2am and the same thing would happen.

My bet is that if you went to the store they would have it in stock.

I wish I was wrong! I can assure you, you are being beaten by dozens of other folks trying to get the online stock. I understand programs ("bots") can be written to speed up the process and increase one's odds of getting the online stock.

Doesn't mean if you go to the store, they won't have stock. Who says Apple has to put all their available in-store stock online?

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
This weekend, the Apple stores near me seem to be stocked pretty well. They have most configurations of the 6 and they even have the elusive 6+ Space Gray 64GB for Verizon.

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
Stock in LI, NY

Walked onto the Roosevelt Field Store Friday Night after work, and walked out with a iP6 for Verizon. It was a Space Gray 128. Lucky Me

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Not a glitch. That's the only phone anyone can buy who has no account with anyone at all.

Are you a T-Mobile customer? If not, buy the one for your carrier. It's not hard to get an AT&T one through Apple online personal pickup. I've bought 3 128 GB 6+ (2 Silver, 1 Gold) that way this year (big family plan).

Only one stayed on contract. The other 2 were reserved as "on contract," but when I got to the store I had them cancel the contract and paid cash.

Maybe try that? The ONLY times I've gotten those infernal errors were with T-Mobile phones. I tried it thinking it would be easier, but it isn't.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
My experience with Personal Pickup in the San Francisco Bay Area has been that AT&T and Verizon 6 pluses have been in stock the least. Sprint has been the easiest to find.

Unfortunately the easiest way to acquire a 6+ is to physically go to an Apple Store and see what inventory they have. Arrive before the store opens, or late morning/early afternoon when they likely get another shipment in.
The problem with that is that not everyone has the time to do it.

Hiredgoon86

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
I'm glad I was not the only one going on the apple website trying to reserve the iphone 6+, looking at the thread encouraged me to continue my search even though I had initially given up and ordered it through the at&t website so I can be in line to get the trade in promotional card. Well the mid December ship date didn't sit well with me, so I was curious one week and found several stores had the phone available! Cancelled my at&t order and went ahead to reserve my 6+, picked it up 2 days later and traded in my iphone 5 for an apple store gift card!

I love the phone but the screen protector is a bit tricky, going on my third one :rolleyes:

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
After almost a month of searching for an unlocked SG 128GB 6+, I finally got one! I'm just bumping this thread to share my experience. I tried everything I could to buy one online (T-mobile version unlocked). I live in the SF bay area, very close to Apple HQ, so my nearby store is incredibly busy. Each time I tried to purchase one online, I'd get the error message. I tried having two windows open, pre-filling my cart, none of it worked. Also, as others have stated, in-store stock is completely different from online personal pickup stock (I can explain how I know this, but trust me it's different). I had yesterday and today off, so yesterday I went to the store before it opened. I waited in line, only to find that they had none of the device I wanted in stock. The guy working the line stated that the store would "likely have some tomorrow morning." I went in today, and he was right.

I should also mention that calling the Apple phone number (say, for the store you are stalking) doesn't help. They seemed to have no clue about in-store stock, and instead simply checked the Apple website for nearby stock (which you can do yourself).

So, my advice is to forget about the Apple online purchase, and go to the store before it opens. Best of luck to everyone!

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2014
I know this thread is for Apple stores but it appears you can order every iphone 6 and 6 plus from best buy. Not available for att at the moment but you can search and see the availability of the 6 plus in stores near you. Can't do that for the regular 6 though. I inquired about this via Twitter and they gave me a standard response of keep checking. Why is att iPhones in such short supply

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
What's funny is that all Apple Stores are out of stock over here yet I randomly walked into a local premium reseller today and they had all sizes and color choices in Stock and I bought myself a golden iPhone 6 :) and cancelled my apple store order that wasn't expected for delivery til November 13-17....

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
To be honest, when the Apple Store guy said my phone was in stock, I actually asked again to verify we were talking about the right device. I had been denied for so long that a negative response was almost expected!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
What's funny is that all Apple Stores are out of stock over here yet I randomly walked into a local premium reseller today and they had all sizes and color choices in Stock and I bought myself a golden iPhone 6 :) and cancelled my apple store order that wasn't expected for delivery til November 13-17....

Local premium reseller?

The iPhone 6 is easy to find here in the US. It's the 6+ that can be a bit challenging.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Local premium reseller?

The iPhone 6 is easy to find here in the US. It's the 6+ that can be a bit challenging.

I wish silver T-Mobile/AT&T 128GB 6s were easy to find. I've seen tons of 6+s on iStockNow so far, but never a regular 6.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I wish silver T-Mobile/AT&T 128GB 6s were easy to find. I've seen tons of 6+s on iStockNow so far, but never a regular 6.

That's what my first one was this year. I preordered it, though.

Where do you live? I see them in stock near me right now.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
That's what my first one was this year. I preordered it, though.

Where do you live? I see them in stock near me right now.

Bay Area. Nothing within 30 miles or more. Tons available in that config on Verizon, which is also unlocked and works on all carriers, but you can't buy one of those without setting up new or having existing Verizon service :-/

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Bay Area. Nothing within 30 miles or more. Tons available in that config on Verizon, which is also unlocked and works on all carriers, but you can't buy one of those without setting up new or having existing Verizon service :-/

I was in San Francisco the week before last and was on istocknow looking for a new 6+ 128GB in Silver or Gold. I'd bought a Gold the week before and it had issues. No Silver or Gold all week at any of the SFO stores. The stock IS lower out there.

Found one here at home (in NC) before I flew back. Silver. Found another one a few days later. Gold.

I have both now. Trying to see if the Gold has a battery as good as the Silver. I've had Silver for years. I think I just wanted a change.

I have to admit that this is the 2nd Gold 6 plus I've had and both Silver 6 plus I've bought (I let my son have my first one) seem to have somewhat better battery life. Odd, eh?

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
I was in San Francisco the week before last and was on istocknow looking for a new 6+ 128GB in Silver or Gold. I'd bought a Gold the week before and it had issues. No Silver or Gold all week at any of the SFO stores. The stock IS lower out there.

Found one here at home (in NC) before I flew back. Silver. Found another one a few days later. Gold.

I have both now. Trying to see if the Gold has a battery as good as the Silver. I've had Silver for years. I think I just wanted a change.

I have to admit that this is the 2nd Gold 6 plus I've had and both Silver 6 plus I've bought (I let my son have my first one) seem to have somewhat better battery life. Odd, eh?

Yes odd but must be just a coincidence. No way an exterior color could change battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.