Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cliffrouse11bas

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2005
Mine has been sent to manufactoring since Monday Night. I am computerless. Please come in computer. Any reports on how long it takes once they ship to come in? I got free shipping, but I ordered my Ipod at the same time and it shipped on the 19th and I got it on the 20th.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
cliffrouse11bas said:
Mine has been sent to manufactoring since Monday Night. I am computerless. Please come in computer. Any reports on how long it takes once they ship to come in? I got free shipping, but I ordered my Ipod at the same time and it shipped on the 19th and I got it on the 20th.

I have a feeling it is going to take more than the 2-3 days that I paid extra for to get mine. It was sent to FedEx too late apparently so it won't be doing anything until tomorrow :mad: I am, of course, going to call Apple if I don't have mine by Tuesday (3rd business day) and get my money back on the shipping. Also, I ordered my iPod 5th Gen on Sunday (4 days ago as I write this) and it has not done anything.. not even preparing shipment. I guess these things are in high demand. I just don't get why Apple offers 2-3 day shipping when that never happens (this would be the 2nd time they had to refund me my shipping)?

lucab1982

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
London, England
Well I ordered mine here in the UK on the 13th October, got my EDU discount and 0% for 10 months and I believe it was earlier this week or the end of last week that it got sent to manufacturing and should be dispatched on or before 4th November, shame I am going away for a week.

Would have ordered the WL keyboard and mouse but will wait for a wireless mighty mouse! :D

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Chrispy said:
Don't feel too bad... mine is shipping from China and it was not a BTO. I paid for 2-3 day shipping but that is not going to happen as it was shipped this morning but won't do anything until tomorrow according to FedEx :mad:

Yea same with mine, I got a Shipment email this morning, but called fedex and said it won't move till tomorrow.

8:03PM - Shanghai - Recieved after cutoff time (Like Always!!!)

simmonster

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2005
Anxious

I ordered my BTO 20" 1.5GB RAM 500GB HDD iMac on Oct. 13th. I called Apple and the representative said that BTO models DO take longer and the earliest i could expect shipment is Nov. 18th, with the latest being Dec. 5th.

God thats hard to handle.
and to make it worse. I received my Black iPod yesterday, but don't have a computer to hook it to! eesh. pray for me.

lucab1982

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
London, England
simmonster said:
I ordered my BTO 1.5GB RAM 500GB HDD iMac on Oct. 13th. I called Apple and the representative said that BTO models DO take longer and the earliest i could expect shipment is Nov. 18th, with the latest being Dec. 5th.

I ordered mine BTO too BUT with the regular 250GB HD that may make the difference....

We are all praying.....

geek boy

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2005
kelowna bc
i also ordered a 20 incher with 1.5 g of ram and the 500g hard drive on the 12th when they were announcedand my ship date is (gasp) the 2nd of dec. have to milk the g4 for a while yet! it was the 500g drive that knocked the ship date back so far.

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Preparing for shipment

Live in the UK and orderd on 16th a BTO imac 20" is being prepared for shipment :p

Lanman

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
San Diego, Ca
If you go to the Apple store and add the 500 gig hard drive to the 20" iMac the ship time goes to 5 to 7 weeks!!!

I ordered my stock 20" iMac from Amazon on Oct 21 and the ship date is still Dec 21! Bummer. I am sure it will be sooner than that, I hope. :confused:

Has anyone else ordered their 20" iMac from Amazon? If so when did you order and what is your estimated ship date?

wildflower

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2005
[QUOTE
=berkleeboy210]Yea same with mine, I got a Shipment email this morning, but called fedex and said it won't move till tomorrow.

8:03PM - Shanghai - Recieved after cutoff time (Like Always!!!)[/QUOTE]

My shipping info shows:
Oct 27, 2005 2:47 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

so it looks like a bunch of us have been "Shanghai'd!"

(but at least our machines are on the way at last!) :) :p :cool:

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
wildflower said:
My shipping info shows:
Oct 27, 2005 2:47 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

so it looks like a bunch of us have been "Shanghai'd!"

(but at least our machines are on the way at last!) :) :p :cool:

Looks like every freaken time of the day is "After Fedex Cutoff" in Shanghai

wildflower

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2005
fedex just told me my package should start heading this way on the 28th, shanghai time, & with a 17 hr. difference from our local time (PDT) it's already the 28th there. they said it should be delivered monday the 31st. I only chose regular shipping, not expedited. think they'll make it on time?

it'll be a nice halloween treat if they do, but i hope it doesn't end up being a trick instead!!! :p

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
wildflower said:
fedex just told me my package should start heading this way on the 28th, shanghai time, & with a 17 hr. difference from our local time (PDT) it's already the 28th there. they said it should be delivered monday the 31st. I only chose regular shipping, not expedited. think they'll make it on time?

it'll be a nice halloween treat if they do, but i hope it doesn't end up being a trick instead!!! :p

That sounds about right.... Same happened w/ my PowerBook Last week. It was shipped on Thursday after the cutoff time, started moving Friday, estimated delivery was the following Tuesday, but to my surprise i heard the door bell ring @ 9am that monday morning, and it was my powerbook. :)

But a while back when I ordered an egraved iPod, it also shipped from Shanghai, and was here the next morning....

Hopefully the later will happen w/ our iMacs, but i'm not holding my breath on that one

The good thing about this IP distrubution service is that it's delivered by 10:30 in the morning... No hanging around all day waiting for it.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
Lanman said:
Has anyone else ordered their 20" iMac from Amazon? If so when did you order and what is your estimated ship date?

A couple of us in this thread have ordered from Amazon, including me. This is what I get on my order status page:

Shipping estimate: October 17, 2005 - December 14, 2005
Delivery estimate: October 19, 2005 - December 16, 2005

I ordered on October 14. The good news is that (according to Amazon) I may be lucky enough to receive a delivery last week. :rolleyes: The bad news is that I also may not get a delivery until a week before Christmas. :eek:

Something tells me that Apple has had some unforseen 20" issues - especially since they were supposed to be in stores 2 weeks ago.

lynziwow

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
CALIIFORNIA
yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

whooooooooooo hooo! Fed Ex just delivered my BTO 20" iMac w/ 1.5 Gigs ram and Logic! hoo-ray! i'm officially staying @ home this week-end ;)

pictures of my sexy set-up to come after i get off work....

this is going to be the longest day ever.

to everyone still waiting, it's worth it. this is such a beautiful machine! :eek: :D

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
wildflower said:

Mine still has not moved :mad: The estimated delivery date is November 1st and I did pay for expedited shipping grrrr. I'm going to call if I don't get it until Tuesday and get my money back on shipping!

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Chrispy said:
Mine still has not moved :mad: The estimated delivery date is November 1st and I did pay for expedited shipping grrrr. I'm going to call if I don't get it until Tuesday and get my money back on shipping!

Same w/ mine, and i didn't pay for expedited shipping. Ours both must be on the same flight, if it ever leaves China

psean111

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ordered through Amazon 10/28

I just ordered an iMac 20" 2.1 GHz from amazon.com this morning, two-day shipping. They are giving me an estimated delivery date of 11/2/05! I can't wait (although I'll probably have to :rolleyes: )

loghound

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2005
It will push out

psean111 said:
I just ordered an iMac 20" 2.1 GHz from amazon.com this morning, two-day shipping. They are giving me an estimated delivery date of 11/2/05! I can't wait (although I'll probably have to :rolleyes: )

Psean... don't worry.. it'll soon change to something close to 2/11/05 (ok, maybe not that far out but likely late december or early Jan)

I ordered a 20" from Amazon, next day shipping, on Oct 20th and the date says Dec 20

Lanman

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
San Diego, Ca
psean111 said:

Do mean February 11 2006 or November 2 2005?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.