Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
no

apple are still restrictive and you can't add things into them as easy as android.

my main tablet use is purely internet,watching tv shows and films and youtube...don't play games.

got a note 8.0 and love it to bits..use it as my main tablet. got an ipad 2 but i only used that for youtube videos and now i have chromecast i have no use for the ipad.

I looked into the note 8.0 but my biggest gripe was 1) lack of support and updates from Sammy 2) the back and multitask buttons being reversed compared to Nexus 5. WTF!

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
The things that I can do on Android... wow

Last night I installed a custom kernel that allows me to double tap my Nexus 7 screen to wake it up.

Can I do that with the iPad?

And just fond out that with 4.4 I can upload a file from Dropbox directly to Google Drive or any other web service with the new storage API. Amazing.

Can you do that with the iPad?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I looked into the note 8.0 but my biggest gripe was 1) lack of support and updates from Sammy 2) the back and multitask buttons being reversed compared to Nexus 5. WTF!

Infairness they were fairly quick with the 4.2.2 update. Quicker than expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.