Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronni3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have gotten very accustomed to using Maxthon as my browser on my PC, and now that my options are limited to Safari or Firefox I have found myself quite displeased with either. Both act up when I open more than 10 tabs in a window, and then crash the browser. When I had Maxthon I could open a ton of tabs, and the one feature I loved was that it could save every open tab when I close the browser and reload all of them when I re-open the browser.

I have also tried Camino, which I like and it is more stable than the other two, but can't seem to get my Favorites (bookmarks) imported to it from either Safari, Firefox, or from a Favorites folder I created from Maxthon.

Besides Shira & Omni-something are there any other options I missed? What do you all use? Firefox?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Have you tried Opera?

I'm a Safari user (and occasionally Firefox) and don't really have problems with stability.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
You can also try Opera (http://www.opera.com/).

You can import favourites into Camino from Firefox by going to bookmarks==>organise bookmarks then when that window loads file==>export.

With Safari go to File==>Export Bookmarks

Camino can deal with both formats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.