Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finch212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
IS there a point in buying a new Macbook Pro 15 inch 2.33 GHZ if a new batch is coming in april-june?

should i wait it out if i plan on using windows as my gaming platform and switching on and off, using windows purely for gaming.

i heard the new graphics chip is worth the wait, plus lep, etc?

finch212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
do you think there will be new batch before june? or is it more like august. I can wait i guess but i just want to know that i wont be waiting for the current gen systems without the graphics card, etc.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Santa rosa is supposed to be released in March I think, but then we don't know how long after that they will put it into the macbooks.

finch212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
the 1600x is just kind of weak, i want to game on my mac with bootcamp and the graphics card i have for my two year old dell has more power, i hope they will release a new card, sucks if i wait 4 months and same crappy video card

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Wait For Better Graphics

the 1600x is just kind of weak, i want to game on my mac with bootcamp and the graphics card i have for my two year old dell has more power, i hope they will release a new card, sucks if i wait 4 months and same crappy video card
Looks to me like you've answered your own question. You don't like the current graphics card. So then wait already. Of course the graphics card will be improved with the next refresh. They always are.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
If you think the x1600 is wear, who are we to disagree with you? Wait till the next one.

I bought this one for some casual gaming, and all around work as my desktop replacement that I can bring to school (bought in early december). I couldn't wait :D

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
Looks to me like you've answered your own question. You don't like the current graphics card. So then wait already. Of course the graphics card will be improved with the next refresh. They always are.

The graphics card hasn't been improved with the past two refreshes...?

And if they stick with ATI, chances are slim that they'll stick in an R600 based card into the next line-up. They already underclock the X1600 they have in the systems, so I don't think they'd be moving up to a hotter chipset.

bcavanau

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
Troy, MI
Just wait until the next release, or the one after that...

If you want one...just get it..or you'll be waiting forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.