Any scope probe to iPad devices out there?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by greg555, Jun 17, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2005
    I've installed an oscilloscope (oScope Lite) and a spectrum analyzer app (bs-spectrum). It would be handy to be able to get signals into the iPad directly (rather than via the microphone).

Does anyone one make a little buffer box to let you connect external signals without blowup up the microphone input on the iPad? Ideally it would have BNC connectors for scope probes and maybe an attenuator so you could input a range of voltages.

Thanks - Greg
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2007
    Oh my that would be awesome! Let's join forces to find one. Deal?

I found this:

"The iPad’s lack of audio line input support would appear to be a major limitation of the device, particularly for audio test and measurement apps. However, it turns out that the iPad can act as a USB host with support for 16-bit, 48 kHz USB Audio Class compliant devices. All you need to do is plug a compatible USB audio device into the USB port of the iPad Camera Connection Kit and you’re good to go."
  3. Contributor

Kahalu'u Bob

Aug 9, 2007
    That sounds very cool! I would think the App developers would be all over that option.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2005
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    any scope probe to ipad

I have a soulution to add a microphone or accelerometer to the iPad. You can get the details on or email me
    I am currently using an app for full spectrum analysis for our company.