Any software for Mac like Publisher is for PC?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SasyBabe, May 13, 2003.

1. SasyBabe macrumors member

Apr 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm looking for a program to make a menu for our family business... the last menu i made was done using Publisher for my PC... I wanted to make our new menu using my new PB... i need software though... help!

PS- everything is SOO expensive too! :(
  2. machan macrumors regular

May 7, 2003
    Well, there's Appleworks which is cheap compared to Quark, Indesign or Pagemaker. It's not really a layout app, but it could get you by. I'm not aware of any other 'cheap' apps for layout, but I am a pre-press manager at a printing company, and we don't see too much outside of those big 3. You might try looking on's OS X section or on and see if there's any free or shareware for layout.

I think you could also go to Kinko's, work on their Macs, and print it out, but I don't know how much that would cost.

Your other option is to have someone else do the layout for you. Unless you want to be able to do future revisions yourself instantly, this may be your best bet. (...and not to hawk my wares, but design is something I do for a living).

Good luck.
  3. loser macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2002
    I've never used this before, but I heard it was free and easy to pick up the basics. You might want to give it a try.