Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SasyBabe

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2003
New Jersey
I'm looking for a program to make a menu for our family business... the last menu i made was done using Publisher for my PC... I wanted to make our new menu using my new PB... i need software though... help!

PS- everything is SOO expensive too! :(

machan

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
wisconsin
Well, there's Appleworks which is cheap compared to Quark, Indesign or Pagemaker. It's not really a layout app, but it could get you by. I'm not aware of any other 'cheap' apps for layout, but I am a pre-press manager at a printing company, and we don't see too much outside of those big 3. You might try looking on Apple.com's OS X section or on macupdate.com and see if there's any free or shareware for layout.

I think you could also go to Kinko's, work on their Macs, and print it out, but I don't know how much that would cost.

Your other option is to have someone else do the layout for you. Unless you want to be able to do future revisions yourself instantly, this may be your best bet. (...and not to hawk my wares, but design is something I do for a living).

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.