1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Any way to find/sort by missing lyrics?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Julien, Jun 14, 2009.

1. macrumors 603

I moved my library to a network server so TuneLyrics will no longer tag my songs. Still have a few thousand that need tagging with lyrics. Is there a way to sort by missing lyrics or better yet is there a way to set up a Smart Play List to do this?

Also I have a large classical selection not needing lyrics so would like to be able to add genres to the sort too.

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 603

Thanks, this did the trick however I found a new problem. When the song is playing I can't save any tag info to it. I use an unRAID Linux server and wonder if it protects a file being accessed (played) so it can't be modified? Or is this common on all NAS devices?

I was going to play song copy/past lyrics from TuneLyrics but I guess I will have to modify my plain.

Anyone have any suggestions on a way to do this? I have 9346 songs in the playlist (many or most are classical or other not needing tags).

Also is there a way to modify the scrip (or Playlist) to exclude (or include) certain genres?

4. macrumors 603

Found a way to do this by creating a Smart Playlist fist then running the script on that Playlist.;) Now I only have 1898 songs to worry about tagging.:eek: